Current Weather

🎼 🇨🇦 Blame Canada! 🇨🇦 🎶

From 56 to 36 in an hour. I coulda sworn I only stepped inside for a minute, but my clock says a whole hour ago. Still? Wow. My money is on the polar jet stream dropping down for a wee visit. ❄️

Wasn’t quite as shocking as getting IN the car in an Illinois summer in August, in shorts and camis for 100 deg heat; to step out of the car in Wyoming to put snow chains on the tires -and COATS on US- vvvvvrrrr. But? Not a distant second! 🤣

Where I live, people are always talking about the weather and how very changeable it is and seem to have no idea how lucky we are as far as it being very bloody mild here actually.

Today, gusty winds, grey, 8°c

Woke up to sunshine, chirpy birdies and a severe winter storm warning with winds up to 50MPH gusting @80 with 4-6 in of snowfall tonight…starting to remind me of last year.

From 56 to 36 in an hour. I coulda sworn I only stepped inside for a minute, but my clock says a whole hour ago. Still? Wow. My money is on the polar jet stream dropping down for a wee visit. ❄️
I brought us a foot or so of snow....50F two days ago to -6F now, with -22F wind chill. Good thing the 40 mph winds we had overnight dropped off.

Gotta spend quality time with a shovel today.......

So right after making that post, my daughter started the microwave and and all the power is out 🤣🤣🤣 due to the storm.

So she has decided to see how far the power outage goes and driving to get herself some food 😂😂

East Coast Rain

(Falling straight down, at speed, in great volume.)

It’s kind of cool, because you can use an umbrella and stay dry. It rains almost every day, for 10mo (temperate rain forest) but only rains like THIS maybe two or three times a year. Now, if only I can remember where I put my umbrella 8 or 9 months ago, the last time it rained like this?

((It’s not Midwest rain, because Midwest weather you can see coming. And Southwest Rain demands running outside to spin in circles &/or running hellbent for leather to clear a flash flood zone. And minding the mudslides. And idiot drivers. Desert rain is equal parts joy, life, and lethal. If it’s actually raining, though? Go outside and spin around and get soaked to the skin. I can’t speak to rain in the SE. I’m only ever there for hurricane season, which is clearly biased. Especially as evveryone else is getting evac’d outta the same durn area I’m running into.))

East Coast Rain? If it keeps up we’ll have salmon swimming on the roads and fields. LMAO. Fishies annual overland migration patterns… 🤣 …not as weird as “Raining Anchovies in San Fransisco”, but? A close 2nd or 3rd.

...and when that rain gets here - because its below freezing - it turns solid and it doesn't run off or flood - I have to shovel it off the bloody sidewalks, and sweep it off the car.......
Ah well....hope the old thing about March is right - In like a lion out like a lamb.....

drove home in a wintery mix of rain and snow, saw that i needed to fill the wood box so i pushed a wheelbarrow through 2 inches of standing water out to the woodshed and loaded it and pushed it back to the woodbox on the porch, grabbed a piece and went inside to toss it in the stove. I took off the wet clothes, and by the time i was sitting in front of the fire to warm up it was sunny and birds were feeding at the feeder outside the window you could have watched me schlep firewood in the pouring rain through just 5 minutes prior. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the way the weather will mess with you here in the PNW. All good, full box, warm stove, dry and chuckling at myself.

Back