• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Decreasing SSRI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunForever

Learning
After having a conversation with my dr I decided to decrease my dosage due to numbness. He suggested go slowly until i find the right dose for me.
I started a few months ago with a small decrease and didnt notice anything. The last week I've started another decrease and the last few days I've had a massive increase in anxiety.
Is this just an adjustment period or did I miss the "right" dose?

He suggested go slowly until i find the right dose for me.
Was he more specific at all? Like giving you an idea about how much (in milligrams) and how quickly?

Your doctor is best placed to give advice, because they’re the ones that know stuff like why they prescribed you that medication, your medical history, your tolerance and metabolism of medications, as well as the types of interactions this medication will have with your body as you decrease, and any other medications you take.

Decreasing any type of psychotropic medication shouldn’t really be left as a guessing game for the patient, even if that patient has their own qualifications in medicine or pharmacology.

It’s concerning that your doctor would simply leave it up to you to figure out a safe titration regime and a safe but still effective doseage of any medication, and not continue to actively monitor that process with you.

Perhaps you could consult with another doctor?

It’s concerning that your doctor would simply leave it up to you to figure out a safe titration regime and a safe but still effective doseage of any medication, and not continue to actively monitor that process with you.

Perhaps you could consult with another doctor?

He was more specific, although I didnt find it productive to post dosages on here. I was only attempting to see if anyone had some similar experiences with med decreases.

Zoloft is used to treat depression, but also a whole range of other disorders, including anxiety. So if you’re experiencing more anxiety than usual? It could be related to the decrease in medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back