• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

ED Disordered eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discovery is absolutely brilliant hanging out for the next episode! It's too long between episodes! Have you seen The Expanse?

Discovery is absolutely brilliant hanging out for the next episode! It's too long between episodes! Have you seen The Expanse?

Seen every episode of the Expanse...it has good promise as a series!
I loved the last two Picards, as well....A brilliant idea to let Patrick Steward act out his career as the elder Picard....and see him as more human.........and maybe one day grow old enough....die in sci-fi, too. AND Data's finale.....death......so very human.

Star Trek.....the first true multi-cultural show....it led the way for acceptance of those who are different and have differing lifestyles and cultures". I think the first Captain Kirk....the was one of the most accepting of interspecies relationships for those times........he led the way to the acceptance of diverse relationships and always wound up in bed with some exotic women....never concerned about his immune system's response to new viruses and bacterias from other cultures.

As it sci-fi has changed over time, they have done well to keep with the times....with shows now, like the new Discovery and Expanse, having crew members who are lesbian/gay, main characters who are African American....and others having anxiety issues (mental health in sci-fi...very cool and super realistic) making sci-fi less removed from humanity......and bringing in the more human qualities. Good sci-fi who has invested in developing cultures within their fiction have been a positive force I believe. Kinda funny how things have turned! But Star Wars....too shoot-em up for me....

But to get back on the thread topic, needing to get back on a schedule....I was doing water aerobics in the am during the week, now the pool is closed along with most other things. So, today..... I started a 10ft. club. I have someone to walk with in the morning.....10ft apart. We keep social distancing....and play word games, jokes, and keep it super light. Makes walking tolerable...not my most favorite things to do but better than sitting on my can. One of us on one side, one on the other. I set a work time (online business), and then online cards in the evening with a friend.....in between, time to get oout of the neighborhood.....car photography. So, instead of 2am, bedtime is 12:00-up by 8am. Hoping to be able to keep a better schedule....and keep out of the fridge!

I feel the same way about Science Fiction that you do!

It is hard to keep out of the fridge. I am doing better some days than other.

Seen every episode of the Expanse...it has good promise as a series!
I loved the last two Picards, as well....A brilliant idea to let Patrick Steward act out his career as the elder Picard....and see him as more human.........and maybe one day grow old enough....die in sci-fi, too. AND Data's finale.....death......so very human.
It's extremely cool!

Star Trek.....the first true multi-cultural show....it led the way for acceptance of those who are different and have differing lifestyles and cultures". I think the first Captain Kirk....the was one of the most accepting of interspecies relationships for those times........he led the way to the acceptance of diverse relationships and always wound up in bed with some exotic women....never concerned about his immune system's response to new viruses and bacterias from other cultures.
That's a hilarious comment in these Covid19 times.

As it sci-fi has changed over time, they have done well to keep with the times....with shows now, like the new Discovery and Expanse, having crew members who are lesbian/gay, main characters who are African American....and others having anxiety issues (mental health in sci-fi...very cool and super realistic) making sci-fi less removed from humanity......and bringing in the more human qualities. Good sci-fi who has invested in developing cultures within their fiction have been a positive force I believe.
It is interesting.

But Star Wars....too shoot-em up for me....
Me too!

And no script writing of a high enough calibre.

But to get back on the thread topic, needing to get back on a schedule....I was doing water aerobics in the am during the week, now the pool is closed along with most other things. So, today..... I started a 10ft. club. I have someone to walk with in the morning.....10ft apart. We keep social distancing....and play word games, jokes, and keep it super light. Makes walking tolerable...not my most favorite things to do but better than sitting on my can. One of us on one side, one on the other. I set a work time (online business), and then online cards in the evening with a friend.....in between, time to get out of the neighborhood.....car photography. So, instead of 2am, bedtime is 12:00-up by 8am. Hoping to be able to keep a better schedule....and keep out of the fridge!
I need a better schedule so I am doing a lot more stuff out in nature,

I can manage during the day to keep out of the fridge. It's at night with the night terrors and the night mares that I don't do so well.

I am struggling with this a fair bit but at times the knowledge I got when I lost the weight before shines through, so I am getting there.

So I am slipping and sliding with this one but small overall improvements. I have done block eating, block talking, block business, block attachments, block ruminations and block maladaptive day dreaming all my life and now it's starting to unravel so there is less blocking in all these forms going on. This is really big for me. I am making modest progress which over the next few years or months, however long it takes will culminate in a big change in the way of being, of me being here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back