• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you believe in signs and symbols from the universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scout86 thanks for the support honestly if I hadn’t been able to secure my bedroom including plugging the area between the floor and door bottom I might have slept in my car now I wait for the professional that is supposed to figure out how he got in and prevent it from happening again.

I don't believe in omens, but I pay attention to what shows up repeatededly (beyond relevance or confirmation bias). I think I am likely to think more in terms of negative connotation if higly symptomatic.

But I have had many things I can't explain, whether simply coincidence or not. I would never say I could control them, but sometimes they're too frequent or strange to ignore. Like when my dog (associated in life, with a Robin, always-even jokingly) died, and I was sitting in the grass crying and a robin came up right beside me and sat close to me, and didn't move, and stayed for ages. Little things like that. Helped me, anyway, was consoling.

I kind of believe like St. Patrick said about dreams, or St. Francis (I think?) about signs (signs being directional), "Not all mean something, but not all mean nothing".

I would consider the bat a happening, a way to practise dealing with a problem, and how you view it, and maybe an opportunity to get whatever needs to be, sealed up.

Ugh- bat!!! Never even seen one, live! ?? (Hope never to! :laugh: )

I love bats. They eat the bugs, so the spiders go elsewhere. (As do the things that hunt the spiders). I used to have a small colony living in the lake house with me. Drove the cats crazy (MOUSE! Get down here MOUSE! :mad: ...there’s a funny/sad story about that one. Long story short? The cat only wanted the “mouse” to stop flying,.. not actually kill it. So we had a special needs bat -no wings- for a few years.) but totally spider free. Opossums are another nice add. Ugly as sin, and mean as all get out, but any barn/crawlway/attic etc. they frequent is movie-set just-built clean of all things insect and arachnoid.

Where i’m from bats are good luck (the jungle is full of all kinds of lethal things... that the bats would eat), and symbols of life & rebirth. (It’s easier to stay alive when something is eating the lethal creepy crawlies, or giving them nothing to hunt, so they hunt elsewhere... so it’s easy to see how that belief came to be). Most people built bat boxes on their homes to try and attract them.

If you haven’t read Dead Link Removed? I highly recommend it :inlove:

As far as Heaven & Earth? I’m with Hamlet rather than Horacio.

@Starfire you are right sometimes a bat is just a bat. I made it through the week. Didn't get the "prosperity" but then again also didn't end up with me or someone close dead. What I did get is permission from work to take three weeks in a row off later this fall. Still not sure what I am doing for that time period debating between a specific time frame inpatient admission or a specific time frame period of high dose exposure therapy (otherwise known as returning to the town where I grew up to visit family).

I had a dying bat in my place once. It ended up being a good sign I needed to move because then were are more bats that were sickly, and my landlord refused to fix the crack in the fireplace. Animal control had to do plague testing.

I realize this thread is not really about bats.

I believe in the type of signs such as seasons of society. If you see enough things you begin to tell how it’s going to play out sometimes.

When I was a kid I used to believe that if I did something twice I would have bad luck but if I did it three times I would have good luck. This played out with trauma. If I clean my room twice then my father would be angry but if I cleaned my room three times then maybe he wouldn’t be angry.

I had nightmares once that somebody close to me died. I was away from home dealing with a traumatic matter. I called everybody that I knew and people said to me that everyone was ok. I still kept asking people if everybody was ok. It turned out people were trying to not tell me that my roommate had died back at home. Finally, a good friend said what happened and I kind of already knew. I had that same type of nightmare other times and sure enough nobody died.

I think it’s pretty common, especially after trauma, to want ways to figure out what’s going to happen in the future.

I’m not at all worried about black cats walking across my path, but there are times I’ve gotten a sense about things on a spiritual level. That something dark was about to happen.

At other times, I’ve been completely oblivious.

I used to believe in signs from the universe, but at the risk of being a nay-sayer...my thought is to trust your gut instinct because sometimes a bat in your home just means there is a bat in your home and nothing more. Though it may also have a greater significance like possible exposure to rabies for example. I don't know.

I used to be highly "superstitious" but not so much anymore. Still, I would not want to tell you not to pay attention to signs from the universe as that may be bad karma. I think the thing comes down to this: what does it mean to you that there is a bat in your home?

To me, signs from the universe don't exist because that seems to denote an intelligence to creation. I believe in me..and that's difficult enough. If a system of beliefs want me to look for salvation or enlightenment outside of myself or in some organization I take a step back.

A bird flew into the house, today.

1 bird in the house = someone’s going to die
2 birds in the house = good luck.

I usually try and QUICK! Getanotherbirdinhererightnow! but TheCat turned off the gravity and was after it like a shot. The whole thing was over in less time than it took to write it.

I’m not superstitious about many things, but this is one of them. :shifty:

Maybe death will wing in and get chased right back out by lightning fast reflexes?

Fingers crossed. (I said not many, not any ;))

but TheCat

One bigger cat, but smaller ones do when no jaguars are on sight, in not just mine belief have resurrection / evading death, literally.

The bird is toast, that cat is bulletproofness to whoever was about to part, takes precedence in the hierarchy of these things. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back