• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Even professionals struggle to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we help? Are you able to define any negative core beliefs or cognitive distortions? You say are not sleeping. Definitely your neurotransmitters are imbalanced just from that. Multiple life stressors do the same as well.

I just caught up on all the posts AJ. I am very sorry for your losses. Take care of you. Our physical and mental health are interconnected. Can I suggest a physical exam as well?

All good points. Why do you chicken?

Lots of boring reasons, all trauma, that majority of health professionals where I at aren't trauma-informed at all another reason, and I got wee bit of an issue staying at places with monochrome colors where people can't say their 'stay' in pretty-please.

You? ;)

Well actually I am not chickening. I am positive for sars cov 2. The daughter of man from second caregiving job told me she was positive for covid on day 11. She was deceptive. I had a seizure risk from a craniotomy in 5/14. Became seizure free july 2019. I resigned from this job too. I had mild allergy symptoms for the sars cov 2 . They have resolved. This is one scary ride.

I just caught up on all the posts AJ. I am very sorry for your losses. Take care of you. Our physical and mental health are interconnected. Can I suggest a physical exam as well?
Thank u. And no physical dont want to be touched

Well actually I am not chickening. I am positive for sars cov 2. The daughter of man from second caregiving job told me she was positive for covid on day 11. She was deceptive. I had a seizure risk from a craniotomy in 5/14. Became seizure free july 2019. I resigned from this job too. I had mild allergy symptoms for the sars cov 2 . They have resolved. This is one scary ride.
Oh man sounds like a journey. Im glad to hear resolved❤

Lots of boring reasons, all trauma, that majority of health professionals where I at aren't trauma-informed at all another reason, and I got wee bit of an issue staying at places with monochrome colors where people can't say their 'stay' in pretty-please.

You? ;)
Dont trust people, germs, being POC in medical system, got hurt last time was there.. It forces you to be "normal" or at least pretend(nursenhelped me with that said to eat socialize etc so you can get out :/) so i did. Anxiety took over when had to shower..passed out face first got sent back to ER glued nose tested for head trauma then sent back to psych its weird as im pretty boney lol not much on face but there was alot of blood its like the boniest places bleed the most(maybe less clotting ability)

Hi AJ, I think you're in California (?). I'm not sure what your hospital situations are like there, where I am the hospitals are super-sterilized/clean and some wards are empty because people are afraid to come in. So while the perception is "hospitals are contaminated, stay away" the reality is just the opposite "now is a great time to come in, mandatory mask and hand sanitizer, and get your medical needs looked after".

Is there something in between completely avoiding the hospital vs. an in-patient admission?
A day program? An out-patient program? A group therapy? An art therapy? Something that gets you more of the help you need, without totally confining you to a psych ward.

Just based on my experiences:
For the sleep (I'm a 4 hours or less sleeper, too), have you tried melatonin?
For the horrible periods (that make you hate having a uterus), have you looked at tumeric?
Have you had your iron levels checked? Anemia can affect mood.

What do you need to help move you in a positive direction? I was able to identify 2 critical things for myself, and fought through years of hell to get them. I went from having a plan, making a will, and putting my things in order because I was just f*cking done with it all and so exhausted, to a place where I can say things aren't bad. I don't need SH, I don't drink, and I don't feel SI anymore. I still have struggles, and always will I think, but I'm not in that dark place anymore.

:hug:

@gealach Has suuper awesome and dead on advice. :tup:

I'd add to the being PoC in a medical system... but you maybe won't be alone there, either? Either with fellow patients, or staff. Being you are Stateside you still have a higher chance of encountering Black staff than some other supeer white corners hospitals.

And if not - are there any items that empower you that you could take with you and comfort yourself by, identity & roots & values affirming?

^^ Is something I did when hospitalized, other than plotting escape routes. I was raised with Japanese teachers & culture so what I had with me was darn lot Japanese music, and little stones to remind me of shinto basics, and bandanas alike those I wore while training back in the day, and a jacket reminding me of a former commander and to behave - and things like that.

Stuff that matters, and spells out you to you, even if hurt & doped beyond thinking.

The act of thinking on it and packing it can mean a lot affirmations even when people take the things themselves away.

AJ - I am a retired RN. I once did psychiatric nursing. My fiancee is I think positive too for sars cov 2 right now. He has had more symptoms than me. I am mounting some immune response- My symptoms are gone. I take melatonin for sleep. I have a recumbent exercise bike in our apt for exercise. Got off of Craiglists for 50.00. I play rain sounds all night for sleep. Was scared to death of sars cov 2 until I recovered. I know what it does to the human body.

Hi AJ, I think you're in California (?). I'm not sure what your hospital situations are like there, where I am the hospitals are super-sterilized/clean and some wards are empty because people are afraid to come in. So while the perception is "hospitals are contaminated, stay away" the reality is just the opposite "now is a great time to come in, mandatory mask and hand sanitizer, and get your medical needs looked after".

Is there something in between completely avoiding the hospital vs. an in-patient admission?
A day program? An out-patient program? A group therapy? An art therapy? Something that gets you more of the help you need, without totally confining you to a psych ward.

Just based on my experiences:
For the sleep (I'm a 4 hours or less sleeper, too), have you tried melatonin?
For the horrible periods (that make you hate having a uterus), have you looked at tumeric?
Have you had your iron levels checked? Anemia can affect mood.

What do you need to help move you in a positive direction? I was able to identify 2 critical things for myself, and fought through years of hell to get them. I went from having a plan, making a will, and putting my things in order because I was just f*cking done with it all and so exhausted, to a place where I can say things aren't bad. I don't need SH, I don't drink, and I don't feel SI anymore. I still have struggles, and always will I think, but I'm not in that dark place anymore.

:hug:
Yes CA seems only thing that would really happen is a 5150 even if go in voluntarily they can still 5150 you dont trust cleanliness there is reason county is on watch list
Thank you for sharing all good points and yes to melatonin. I think big one is proper sleep. Have not looked at turmeric. Im at similar place you mentioned just maybe a little less. Will etc already done has been.

What all meds have you tried? They are always a challenge to get right. Also combo vs mono therapy works better for some. Are you also in therapy with a trauma therapist? I know I had to search for one that was prior military and that made a difference. Here is a great place to vent.

Meds trazadone quetiapine melatonin hylands diphenhydramine sertralin fluxoetine etc etc no therapy currentlt

@gealach Has suuper awesome and dead on advice. :tup:

I'd add to the being PoC in a medical system... but you maybe won't be alone there, either? Either with fellow patients, or staff. Being you are Stateside you still have a higher chance of encountering Black staff than some other supeer white corners hospitals.

And if not - are there any items that empower you that you could take with you and comfort yourself by, identity & roots & values affirming?

^^ Is something I did when hospitalized, other than plotting escape routes. I was raised with Japanese teachers & culture so what I had with me was darn lot Japanese music, and little stones to remind me of shinto basics, and bandanas alike those I wore while training back in the day, and a jacket reminding me of a former commander and to behave - and things like that.

Stuff that matters, and spells out you to you, even if hurt & doped beyond thinking.

The act of thinking on it and packing it can mean a lot affirmations even when people take the things themselves away.
i have a packed bag for awhile now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back