• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

feeling so isolated with my core beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackques

Learning
i'm in a really bad place right now, still a few weeks away from getting into therapy.

until then, i feel like im stuck with what ive been taught. i feel so lost, like id gladly go back to being abused if it meant i didnt have to figure any of this out on my own.

there's one thing that has really been on my mind lately: that im not really a person. that i'm a monster that needs to be controlled so i dont hurt anyone. i guess i just have such a low self-image, i still really believe this. and it's times like this that i just want my abuser back so i can be told what i am. so i dont have to be a person, and i dont have to worry about anything.

i feel like im going crazy. im out of control and i dont know what to do. im just... consumed by this destructive need to remind myself all these things that i find hard not to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I promise you you're not a monster. I don't know if it makes any difference for me to say that, but I'm completely sure that you're not and the reason I'm so sure about it is because I thought the same thing about myself for a long time. I even fantasized about getting my abusive partner back, too.

I'm not a monster. Neither are you. It takes time and work to figure that out, though, so hang in there until your therapy starts.

Take a Post-It note and put it on your mirror. Write "I AM NOT A MONSTER" on it in big letters. Bookmark this post. Whatever it takes. You're not a monster.

I promise you you're not a monster. I don't know if it makes any difference for me to say that, but I'm completely sure that you're not and the reason I'm so sure about it is because I thought the same thing about myself for a long time. I even fantasized about getting my abusive partner back, too.

I'm not a monster. Neither are you. It takes time and work to figure that out, though, so hang in there until your therapy starts.

Take a Post-It note and put it on your mirror. Write "I AM NOT A MONSTER" on it in big letters. Bookmark this post. Whatever it takes. You're not a monster.
thank you, i appreciate you taking the time to reply to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back