• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

For men only

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the level anxiety depends on who it's with, looking back I can say that I never really instigated sex with any of my girlfriends, guess I left that to them. I can for sure say that if I did I'd have to go back to early relationships to find examples. Not getting off too fast was always anxiety-provoking. I always felt so uncomfortable about starting things ... embarrassingly so ...

Last edited:
I feel really f*cked off and angry. I searched for this thread just so it was visible again. I'm really sick and scared quite frankly of alot of the women I've met in the mental health services and drug and alcohol services. The way they behave towards men is atrocious and frightening. They're like a pack of wild animals just behaving really badly and backing each other up, f*cking bat shit crazy. I wish I could go to a all men's group just to try and feel safe.

I had a bad experience with a woman who, like me, was in mental health services for suicidal depression. Probably not the best place to meet someone, ...this woman had a problem with men long before I came along and she proved that fact by the way she treated me. I see it as a lesson learned and have found that not all women are dirty-dealers....tho there certainly are some out there. I hope you find a good and trustworthy place to feel safe and to be yourself!!!

Men's Groups can really feel safe during times you feel that way. Does the ManKind Initiative maybe have anything like that?

In your time in mental health services, have you ever met any women who were caring towards you?
Yes but they weren't the psychiatrists I don't know who they were. Don't know their positions.they worked at the hospital but don't know who they were.

Hi folks ... bumping this thread. All male-identifying folks are free to contribute here.

Has anyone here participated in any kind of a men's group? I'm very interested in thoughts and opinions about groups meant solely for men.

I once participated in a men's group that was short-term. I feel it benefitted the sponsors of the group more than it did the members, but it was helpful in that it burst some bubbles Otherwise it was so anxiety-provoking that a lot of us were having trouble forcing ourselves to come to the meetings and to stay present during them. I think the best part of the group was the paperwork explaining male trauma symptoms and how to approach them. The talk was very strained and the group moderator was not necessarily well-trained. Still, it was better having that support than not to have had it.

My counselor told me I need to work on my interactions with other males. I've never really felt comfortable around other men. It probably has to do alot to do with most of the trama I've experienced was at the hands of males that should have protected me and not hurt me. So I figured what better place to open up and interact with more males then on here.

I think one problame I've had with most of the interactions I've had with other males is most seem to think there "alpha males". For some reason these people see me as a threat to them. So it's never ended well. I'm anything but an alpha. Has anyone else had this experience? I know I've been told that my presence can be alittle intimidating. I know being hyper violent all the time doesn't help because I tence up. Maybe that's being seen as aggression.

It makes sense that you'd be wary of interacting with men - that's a very common thing. But it's true that almost no men are abusers.

Depending on where you live, it might be usual for almost all men to put up an "alpha" front because that's just what is done and has always been done. I feel sorry for "alphas." They're often the ones who are most anxious and scared inside. And they have to follow the alpha code every second and can never allow themselves to feel very much or ever be vulnerable. It must be exhausting. I'm wondering if you put up your own front when you're around guys like this @Weezley? Sometimes we put up fronts and we never even know it.

It makes sense that you'd be wary of interacting with men - that's a very common thing. But it's true that almost no men are abusers.

Depending on where you live, it might be usual for almost all men to put up an "alpha" front because that's just what is done and has always been done. I feel sorry for "alphas." They're often the ones who are most anxious and scared inside. And they have to follow the alpha code every second and can never allow themselves to feel very much or ever be vulnerable. It must be exhausting. I'm wondering if you put up your own front when you're around guys like this @Weezley? Sometimes we put up fronts and we never even know it.
Never thought of it that way. I'll have to be more observent the next time and see if I see my self changing. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back