• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Forgiving ourselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a point of saying that sometimes our harshest critics are ourselves. I know that the person...
I relate so much to what you are saying
It's like the innder child in us is feeling lonely, scared and abandoned. It sometimes can even feel absent, although it's there. I don't know how to describe it, but we are valid to feel what we feel. And the continuous validation from ourselves to ourelselves have some power of healing.

@Vee, like Freida, I think this is an important topic, thanks for bringing it up. I am going to forgive my inner child because alot my damage came to me a child. I am striving to overcome, sometimes I slip, but generally I am doing pretty d*mn good. These are some of the things I am dealing with:
PTSD
CPTSD (see Anthony's really great article)
IED (Intermittant Explosive Disorder)
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
CTD (Childhood Trauma Disorder)
ECT (Early Childhood Trauma - six and under)
Traumatic Brain Injury (Psych consquences)
Depression & Suicide (don't worry all is well)

Some causes:
In active combat zones
Confinement under threat of immediate death
Witness to atrocities (Genocide)
Witness to executions
Abandonment by mother
Wounded victim of terrorism
Eight concussions (loss consciousness)
Refugee
Weapons held on me repeatedly by
foreign soldiers
Revolution, war
Serious car accidents
In immediate proximity to mass murder
Repeated civil decay/unrest
:D

Vee, I'm a Dal Riata Scot on my moms side. It's an overkingdom of Northern Ireland and Western Scotland. So you may right that I have the luck of the Irish! You may be justified in thinking of me as a screwed up, camel jockey leprechuan who lost his mind in the Sahara. :D

I need to continue to forgive myself for not being able to stop the abuse I endured, I had a hard time with that when I was younger and now that I am an adult I still tend to think I could have done something to stop it. I could not and it's okay, it doesn't mean I wanted it or deserved it.

By the way, @Vee , Awesome thread!!!

Yesterday I was on a path to forgive myself. Today I'm blaming myself for everything. Who knows what to...
@Freida, we have to forgive ourselves, more like not blame ourselves for things beyond our control. We did not ask for this sh*tstorm to visit us. Now that it has, let's kick its ass. Surviors become warriors that rage against the darkness. We have come too far, and seen too much, to turn back now. We can't be hurt anymore than we already have been. Hell the worst that the darkness can do to me, is kill me, I laugh at that. I certainly don't want that, but I don't fear death anymore. It is the death of fear. Who knows, maybe darkness fears death....:D

@SaharaSon ....uh...uhmmm....wow.

Picture me with jaw on floor. That is awesome. yep. I'm speechless.

funny - I've been big whiney baby today and told hubby I needed a smack upside the head to get me back on track.

I think you just did that. :joyful::happy::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back