• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

God were is all this anger supposed to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am way to old for it but I love 5 Finger Death Punch! makes the kids I work with laugh when I come in...
Freaking love that! Its kind of a silly genre and I usually find myself at those concert events by happenstance but I should seek it out more often because I always end of thinking how great it felt.

I just cried. Crying for me is hard and so doing that took days of me just sitting and trying with no luck until one day it just happened, and I just sat there and cried and afterwards I went to sleep and I woke up feeling much better like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
I also play music and just sing as loudly as I can while just jumping and dancing in my room where no one can see me. By the time I am done I am so tired and I can't dance so all the laughing at myself for how funny I look in the mirror just makes the anger melt away.

I also agree with the exercise, dancing, singing out loud stuff. But that's not always possible so I take on a job I hate doing like cleaning up something which has been bugging me. Usually when I'm finished the anger surge has abated & I feel satisfied that I got that job/task finally done!! Eg. Digging out tree stumps or weed's, scrubbing bathroom, going through crap, bagging it up for charity or the recycle facility.

I avoid ppl when angry because my tolerance levels are very low at these time's. I'd never hurt anyone but I cannot deal with complex interpersonal issues appropriately when anger is dominating me.

Anger is exhausting to hold back. Let it out safely & feel the relief.
Plan for the next surge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back