• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Happy Ending - Does It Exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since both of you are owning up to these things I see you making good steps and working towards working things out. BTW 13 going on 30 attitude of "I want to move out, I am not happy here" is not that unusual. You do have to be a united front with children.

I think that the only time there is such thing as a happy ending is when both parties learn to work together to try to make life as simple and as happy as possible for the other. Both need to sacrifice!
My partner and I are in a bit of a different boat; you see he was diagnosed with PTSD just before we got together; not even three months after that we started the PTSD course. I didn't know my partner before PTSD and I learnt alot about it early on.
Don't get me wrong we have some really bad days but most days we work together to make life better for ourselves and our boys. The hardest part for me has been to decipher between whether he wants to talk or to be left alone. I recommend having 'signs'. For example- if my partner needs alone time I have told him to hang something on the door of the room he is in- that way I know not to walk in and bug him by trying to get him to talk.
Our life is complicated- we argue regularly- but we have one rule that neither of us has ever broken. We always give each other a hug and kiss and say we love each other before we go to bed every night.
It may not be much- but at least if he's having a bad day, when he says he loves me, it makes all the shit for the day worthwhile.
It may not be the ideal happy ending, but it's a happy ending to every day; and with PTSD, it's alwasy one day at a time.
Hope this helped some one; or cheered someone up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back