Ending therapy – and how to do it in the least painful way possible!

barefoot

Sponsor
Thanks @Movingforward10 , appreciate that.

I think my mum, now my friend, and the stuff with T....I think it's all bringing up lots of feelings of loss and grief and that it's all getting tangled up somehow. Not sure how to untangle it all. Don't think I can right now.

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing @barefoot 🫂

I'm sorry too that the discussion with T didn't seem to sort everything out. Can understand you needing a break. Though for sure it isn't ideal.

Movingforward10

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks @Movingforward10 , appreciate that.

I think my mum, now my friend, and the stuff with T....I think it's all bringing up lots of feelings of loss and grief and that it's all getting tangled up somehow. Not sure how to untangle it all. Don't think I can right now.
That is a lot of loss and grief to process.
Maybe now isn't the right time to process but just to grieve and manage through this painful time. Knowing you feel these feelings is really positive, even though they may be so raw.

scout86

MyPTSD Pro
Hang in there @barefoot ! That IS a lot. Really sorry about ALL the losses. Sudden and unexpected presents it's own kind of challenge.
.I think it's all bringing up lots of feelings of loss and grief and that it's all getting tangled up somehow. Not sure how to untangle it all. Don't think I can right now.
Ending therapy can be seen as kind of a "loss". I can see how all this might be entangled and hard to sort out. I hope that, down the road, it's something you and your T can work on and that it will be a benefit. Meanwhile, take good care of yourself!

hithere

MyPTSD Pro
My current therapist is so calm and accepting and says his door is always open as long as hes alive. My previous therapist was all about boundaries boundaries boundaries and goals. This one let's me text, ask questions, talk on the phone, increase sessions -- just allowing that connection to him has calmed down my entire nervous system.

I want to have more money right now because I feel I want to spend it on fun stuff, so I am trying to cut sessions to once a month. I do not want to talk about trauma or shit right now, I'm single hearted in that. But, the break in connection is hard. The first two weeks without him was hard, but I just talked to myself and managed. As time went on it got easier.

Doing the 12 steps of A A now and Living Sober support meetings and literature transfer to this topic for me, too. I'm finding that AA fellowship and program really helpful for this issue too.