• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Hold onto your hats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is experiencing difficulties due to anniversaries and not because I'm a bitch.

Snicker. Don't you love how you're just sooooooo in tune that YOURE the bitch, on HIS anniversaries? :hilarious: :rolleyes: :banghead:

Nah, baby. Clearly, I'm the one having the bad day. It's all me. So maybe you could do us both a favor and circle in red the next few times you expect... "me" ...to be the bitch, again? <cough> That way I'll just make sure to be elsewhere (Martinis Poolside!!! Oh yeah! Girls weekend!) that day, so I'm not oozing... "my" ...raging-bitch-mode all over you :D

<caveat emptor : The things Friday thinks in her head would be a really bad idea to say out loud 99% of the time. Although often workable into practical solutions, minus the snark>

He'll be starting his holiday funk shortly as well. Veterans Day will set him off and it'll last until February or so.
:bag: Me, too. The day before, technically. Right up through Feb :bag:

Which is the practical problem with the poolside-solution. A long weekend? Doable. But I worry about their liver when I'm being ...extra awesome... For months.

Last edited:
Every single sunset.
Me too. For ten years. I don't miss a one. I start to breathe funny and anyway....

Point I am trying to make is that honestly it surprises me every single day it happens. Like it is compartmentalized or something. So do anniversaries surprise me. And it is authentic. And no joke.

So 'my peeps' just remind me in a tone that is not packed with emotion, just matter of fact -- 'Hey Shimmerz, it must be the sunset.' Every freaking day for 10 years. They are flipping Saints. Honest to god.

lol. And I say 'really????'.

Scary thing is I mean it. I think it is the brain releasing it ever so slowly...... cause really, it would drive me insane if I knew each and every day, every moment of the day, that I am going to go through hell again while the sun sets. Or that from now (me too), until April or so, I will be f*cked every day. All day.

It's too much. So my brain helps me by forgetting for me. Which of course, leaves it to my peeps to 'let me in on the secret'. Every goddamm day. *heavy sigh*

@Ragdoll Circus - I already got him a new dog. She is the half sister of the dog we lost. Best thing I ever did. Initially he was reluctant but has fallen completely in love with her. (I would never say this to him but I actually prefer her to the dog we lost - she is a much more loving playful personality.)

@shimmerz - I'm sorry that you too have an "anniversary" every damn day. Thank you for sharing that it surprises you - my vet is aware of it on one level but struggles to manage his reactions to it.

Thank you for sharing that it surprises you

Oh yea. The joy of triggers you dont see coming. I'm getting better but there are a lot of times I don't see the trigger until after I react. Then it's up to my supporters to say..."yes dumbass. That was a trigger. It's why we just ignored you until you were out of your snarkyness. "

PTSD --- the gift that keeps on giving

Is he in therapy? He could work on coping strategies for anniversaries, since he has so many besides the sunset. My therapist worked with me to help know when a "red flag" event was coming, so I could prepare by doing self-care, and writing my coping mechanisms on small cards to keep with me. If he's not in therapy, I like @Friday's idea.

Sept. 11th was my first experience with a PTSD anniversary "flare ups." At this time I had no idea what PTSD was and how it affected my vet. Clueless!!
I did the worst possible thing EVER. Came home from work and suggested we watch a 9/11 Netflix movie. Lets just say the night did not end on a happy note and the remainder of the week was nothing but dark moods and isolation from me. The more I asked what was wrong, the more he became upset. Of course... it ended up being " ALL MY FAULT." :(
This was my only experience with anniversary dates, as we are no longer dating. I'm sorry so many of you (sufferers) have to endure anniversary after anniversary. Prayers for all of you!!

I may need to start pouring bourbon on my pancakes in the morning.

I just may have to co-opt this cunning plan :sneaky: For true. I am not fit to live with right now. I really need a vacation fund. To send people on vacation. More for their benefit but I don't think people can *breathe* right now, without it pissing me off. You're doing it wrong! Oh FFS. Pass the pancakes.

oh @LB226 that actually made me laugh out loud. Yep - worst possible suggestion! Ho...
@Freida I know, right?!! It was the worst possible mistake, yet when I asked about watching the movie, he agreed. I wish he just could have told me how he was feeling. I could already tell he was in a foul mood, but I thought he maybe had a bad day at work. Then afterward he reprimanded me for not "understanding" how he was feeling about it being 9/11. Gosh, did I feel defeated. I couldn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back