• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How's Your Day Been? Each Day is Different, So Make Your Mark Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all just special... aren't we? Nothing wrong with being special... better than being normal sometimes! I guess we're just working to be both special and normal...

YoungAndAngry said:
k, sorry, didn't mean to turn the thread into my personal spaz posts... :dummy-spi

it's just that when I was asked to think about what made me angry...
...I got angry just thinking about those things...
I seriously could of went on forever with that list

No need to apologise YA... its good that your getting some of the issues out and off your chest. As for " I seriously could of went on forever with that list" what are you waiting for? Startup a thread for your personal venting of what makes you angry... atleast you have something here then that we can poke at, and maybe even throw something at you that clicks, and possibly fixes one or two things, or more to the point, helps you fix one or two things.

Get it going and get it out... best thing for you honestly. Post too it each day, or every time a new thought that makes you mad comes too... a progressive list of what makes you mad, so you can see it all in one place and work on each one, one at a time.

anthony said:
Startup a thread for your personal venting of what makes you angry... atleast you have something here then that we can poke at, and maybe even throw something at you that clicks, and possibly fixes one or two things, or more to the point, helps you fix one or two things.

Now that would be a huge thread,
It sounds like a great idea,
when I feel ready to face some of my demons
a really angry long thread may appear for us special people to read, lol

Today I had my usual Physical Therapy appointment...
its been raining here for the last 3 days, so walking the dog isn't gonna be happening today, poor doggie, it kinda become my daily destressing ritual. (or for when I'm too darn mad to deal with anyone)
Just feeling kinda quiet right now.

I forgot about me yesterday. Well, I am good, however; my little fella isn't, with a high temperature, no sleep and cranky, it was a little tedious.

Today, he is supposed to be in his first day at day care (one day a week), though is still not well, so no rest for me today either, or me time anyway. That is all ok though, as I love the little guy too much, and if I had my way, he wouldn't be in day care for the one day a week assigned now. It is more just to give me a break... which I probably do need.

if I had my way, he wouldn't be in day care for the one day a week assigned now. It is more just to give me a break... which I probably do need.

You'll feel great when you welcome him home and you'll hopefully be refreshed and able to enjoy the rest of the time with him more. Sounds like a good move to me, although I imagine it will be hard getting used to. I have a hard enough problem leaving the dog in the College kennel during the day, even though she gets lots of walks and fuss from the students and really seems to enjoy it. In fact, she was downright miserable when I wasn't working, cos she had to put up with me all day!

LOL... totally agree, I do know it would be good for me to have a break, its just I love my kids so much, I really don't like being away from them, especially at such a young age. Kerrie-Ann was the one who put the thought in my head about him not getting the parental love when cared by another, and that sticks in my head now. Whilst I am happy with the day care chosen, and the people there are great, he still wouldn't get those mummy and daddy kisses and hugs when he's crying or hurt.

I think it affects me more than it would him... hate that!

Today... another good day for me. Feeling funky, got some work done today online within some sites, played with bub all day as his first day at day care didn't happen because he had a fever still this morning, a bit sick and teething is the combination, but certainly not well enough for day care. Hopefully next week should be ok, fingers crossed.

anthony said:
I do know it would be good for me to have a break, its just I love my kids so much...
Just because you need a break from the world everynow and then...
does not mean that you love 'lil guy any less!!!!

You sound like a great dad...
and if you know it would benefit you... do it!!

It's 5:30 AM... still haven't slept, and I don't think it's gonna be happening anytime soon... Darn!
Had a stressful day... lots of little demands from the people around me
(ex: drive me here... can you grab ____ for me?... can you look up?..., etc.)
Sometimes I just want to scream at people... "Do it yourself!!!!"
Its the guilt I feel after I say "no" that gets me...

Yer, I actually do just say, do it yourself, and leave it at that, and if the people around me don't work it out, then it doesn't happen. I just can't deal with the stress nowadays... Don't feel guilty for looking after yourself, as I'm actually sure people would rather do things for themselves if they understood it will create undue stress for you, thus making you one cranky little woman vs. not cranky little woman.

It's just gotten to the point where I just want to avoid the conflict that goes with not helping the person... really feeling being taken advantage of right now. Did I mention that my sibling moved into my house 3 weeks ago?

Still haven't slept... I didn't take my sleeping pills,
and everytime I lay in bed something pops into my mind and I have to jump up and do it. Very frustrating

Its really quite difficult to retrain your brain as such, but time will show the way with the knowledge you build now YA. Get through the next year or so, continue building knowledge on PTSD symptoms and how to identify and control them, and you WILL become much much better, sleep quite normally, and have a fairly normal existence providing excess stress is not placed upon you.

Both my doctors initially said to me when diagnosed, "you need to crawl under a rock for a couple of years, work yourself out, then reevaluate what is going on within life" which I pretty much did, and come out trumps for it. It takes time, and lots of patience... keep strong, and you will make it through the other side of this.

My day started well, but is ending pretty shit really. Reality hit me hard tonight while I was minding my own business getting wet while walking the dog. Having an agreement which means I won't be back working full-time until next year has made this whole thing damn scary. I was told the other day that I'm not taking things seriously enough. I know my usual way of dealing with it all is the denial thing, but hey, I'm really struggling to handle it when I actually do the reality check thing. Feeling pretty despairing right now.

Also had a huge trigger (like being stuck in a room with management today wasn't enough!). My 13 year old neice is refusing to go to school because of some bullies. She got jumped and they smashed her mobile phone and keep picking on her. The school have done nothing. She is the daughter of my crazy brother. He has never had any parental responsibility of any significance. Now he has an opportunity to help make her life better. What happens - he calls my mum. She calls me to ask what to do - I'm a teacher, so i should have all the answers.

I really want to help, but I'm not in a fit state and I can't handle seeing my brother right now, even for my neice. I have had to settle for sending some books for her and her mum on school bullying and how to deal with it. They are going express from amazon tomorrow. At least I'm doing something positive for them, but I'm feeling shit about it and everything else.

I'm done now. Hope tomorrow is better. Not looking forward to tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back