• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I don' know what is real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectra

New Here
Something worrying happened today. I lost £300. I believe it was stolen by a workman. But I can't prove it. I am now questioning myself. Have I just had a moment of confusion and put it somewhere? I don't think so. But I have accused someone of stealing and I have no proof. I feel like I am going crazy. I am scared.

hello spectra. welcome to the forum.

yeah, that's worrying, alright. do i worry that i have all my faculties and have been robbed or do i hope i am crazy enough to be misplacing things again? i've misplaced things far more often than i've been robbed, so i know the odds in my own case.

steadying support while you figure your own odds.

I know the feeling of not knowing if something is real or not only too well. It's very anxiety provoking.

Something I have learnt is that if it doesn't feel real, for me, it usually turns out it is real. Because , for me, it comes from a place of blocking out reality and my feelings related to the reality from a young age. So I have built in confusion in my mind and body.

But something not feeling real could also come from a place of paranoia? And might also not be real.

When you have these feelings before, how do you unpick them? Would that process work for this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back