• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm so forgetful I forgot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I sometimes find it to be funny, the things I forget. Laughter is good medicine, so let's have some fun, remembering the things we've forgotten.

I get absent-minded, doing one thing and remembering to I have to finish another, heading off to finish it and simultaneously creating another thing I will remember I have to finish that will interrupt some yet unknown task. I know that some things, like siphoning gasoline from my truck into a red gas can, must be diligently attended to until the can is full and you can then go get the lawnmower. Yeah, no one here has to ask me how I learned that one.

I forgot the word "bystander." I knew that there was a word that described what I wanted to say, but I just couldn't remember it. Then I thought maybe the word was "standbyer," but it didn't look quite right and my phone didn't recognize it ...

Ramen.

Specifically the blue, Top Ramen, Oriental / Soy sauce flavor.

I’ve been trying to buy it for weeks. Keep forgetting. I get Everyone Else’s grocery list at the store... and come home without my ramen. Again. FFS. 😖

Last edited:
I had been going to a group every week for about 6 months and returning home the same route. One night I got a phone call on the way home and missed the exit. As it turned out, I had been getting off at this exit, sitting thru 2 red lights, and getting back on the same road. Duh.....

Having 4 of July party. Made comprehensive list so I was sure everyone's preferences would be covered. Organized the table accordingly and brought out lastly the potatoes salad, coleslaw, fruit salad. Made sure my two friends gluten free buns were isolated from dangerous wheat. Perfect party. It actually was after a friend ran to the store and bought the hamburgers and hot dogs

My kids' ages. I tend to have that "deer in headlights" moment whenever someone asks me a question in-person. My mind went blank. Then when I tried to quickly refocus, I made the mistake of looking at the person's face and how confused they looked, so I stuttered a few more seconds as my thoughts started racing about looking like such a horrible mother or just general idiot. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back