• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence It took me years to get out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are the victim of a Narcissist. You should look up Narcissistic abuse on YouTube and it will help you to understand and deal with this abuse. I hope you escaped from him.

Hi BlueWeepingRose,

Thx for sharing your story. Im a man that's gone through severe abuse from a female and I can tell you a very similar story I would tell.

First off just as many men abuse women as visa versa so hopefully you won't avoid letting future relationships with whomever unfold based upon their sexual orientation but you still need to act on the warning signs to NEVER let that level or for thay matter any kind of abuse hit you ever again.

I was lucky. And I know this is going to sound wierd, but the imminent threats to my life were so severe that when I left the last time (about 3 years ago) I was in a state we can talk about.

It was very, very bad emotionally shall we say. I wasn't even sure I could make it another 3 hours let alone sleep for the night.

I was so on a razors edge the only thing I could do for almost 6 months was completely forget my past... erase it from my memory. Of course I didn't forget my close family but all else.

I learned not to seek comfort in memories of my past and not dream about the future that I wanted and learn to erase past memories because of fear and dream daily through faith about what I wanted in my future.

This is the greatest gift the abuse my ex cast upon me gave me. Im forever grateful for this indirect gift she gave.

I know some days are harder than others and there are always going to be the occassional times when you're going to bring up your past with new close friends. Its normal as abused people learn to forget their lives previous.

If you want to share more don't hesitate to message me. Know however you're not alone.

Its a journey to releasing your past not understanding your past that you need be on for as long as it takes.

The world is filled with lots of different people thinking about themselves often and not dealing well with people not like themselves.

Our main job is to seek people that support, encourage and love us as we are. Its also our job to release/leave those people when we grow apart... if we grow apart that is.

Lovers like you and I tend to attract similar types. Unfortunately we types also believe we can love others into changing and becoming like us... sooooooo NOT true.

Just like controllers feel they can turn others into people like them, fighters etc.

Again, thx for sharing. And share as much as you want, just remember the journey you're on...

Forgetting your past not understanding it. Embracing and Chasing your future not fearing it.

Sending lots of love and light your way.

Blessings ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back