• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID its hard to stay me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternitygrey

New Here
god damn the fog gets so bad in my head somtimes. people around me are starting to understand, but how can you understand somone who is alway changing. i chose to be a charecter named tris . she is brave and honest, selfless, smart, and kind. i chose her because she is strong . i want to be confident to i chose her to look up to.
i also like to become ariel . i go silent when im her and let people walk all over me . i also have soji , she doent like to feel anything she is a robot and noting is real around her. she is my most dangrous side. she blocks everything out to keep me okay...although she knows full well this wont help...this is who i have to pick from...does anyone else do this ?

The good thing about it is if you're able to "choose" which character to be then you can learn better coping skills and choose to use them instead.

I think it's much harder to recover when there's no choice in the matter and the characters are triggered out without awareness of it happening.

The good thing about it is if you're able to "choose" which character to be then you can learn better coping skills and choose to use them instead.

I think it's much harder to recover when there's no choice in the matter and the characters are triggered out without awareness of it happening.
keeping control is even harder.. i feel like even knowing i can control it can make it worse sometimes. keep fighting i guess :)

I'm not sure what your diagnosis is or what your "characters" actually are.Im not sure if you're talking about different sides of yourself or DID or something in between. But having awareness and being able to choose is better than having no control or awareness at all.Lots of people spend many years in therapy just to get to that point.

So you're already a step ahead of the game it sounds.

We have one like that around now. Like how you describe it as a robot. We described it as a blanket of darkness but like robot better. Know why that one is here but can't do anything about it. Perhaps maybe we don't want is more truthful. For us there is something restful about it
Welcome to the forum.
Starfire

god damn the fog gets so bad in my head somtimes. people around me are starting to understand, but how can you understand somone who is alway changing. i chose to be a charecter named tris . she is brave and honest, selfless, smart, and kind. i chose her because she is strong . i want to be confident to i chose her to look up to.
i also like to become ariel . i go silent when im her and let people walk all over me . i also have soji , she doent like to feel anything she is a robot and noting is real around her. she is my most dangrous side. she blocks everything out to keep me okay...although she knows full well this wont help...this is who i have to pick from...does anyone else do this ?

How did your characters and their names come about? That is, if you care to share.

Different ways of relating to the world & others in it in the interest of self protection are pretty normal...

I mean heck, lot of DID stuff forms around super switching environs when a very small kid and needing to deal with all the changes to survive.

Was this a Does someone else do it question, or did you want to know something more specific? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back