• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It's Not Weird, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way men think.

It's that horribly sexist & biased of me? Probably. It's not that I dislike women, but I've always been a tomboy. While I usually have a few female friends, and there are blokes Inwouldnt give the time of day to, the vast majority of my friends & colleagues have always been men.

Why would it be weird?

Its not some unwritten rule where you must hate the gender that traumatized you.

It's not weird if it is what works for you, and what you find helpful. There's no right or wrong way to work through your problems, no set guidelines or rules... sometimes I wish there was because that seems so much easier than trudging through it. It that's what you find works best for you, keep doing it! :) It's good that you know that about yourself.

My 1st therapist was a man, 2nd was lesbian and 3rd is a woman, but she has the same exact Meyers Briggs type as me. I'm not sure how all this fits, but it does!

I feel like I get along better with men than women. Not always the case, but a thought

Me too...problem is, people seem to assume I'm wanting to have an affair with a guy just because I want to be friends with men rather than women. Couldn't be further from the truth...all of that physical-intimacy-energy, what little I have, is completely reserved for my DH. But that seems to be the conclusion people jump to.

I have only ever been assaulted by men. One of my therapists had a spot on his intake evaluation for "your feelings about men" and "your feelings about women". He read the first one and said "why on earth are you seeing me if that's how you feel about men?" My response was "read what I wrote about women".

I think it's just personal preference and there's nothing wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back