• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Just found this place - PTSD, Autism, & Violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmess

Learning
I am here of course because I'm a PTSD'er with roots in violence and hostile environment. I also have ASD with schizophrenic aspects and this only further complicates things in my life despite my full awareness and experience being as old as I am (29 now).I definitely have some chicken and the egg, what came first confusion regarding a lot of my issues. I have been this way much of my life and have made much progress with myself though my issues still remain strong today with no way to entirely deal with it all besides my addiction and getting away from everything for while (luckily I am near some nature which is essentially my disconnecting space I can go to almost every day). Sometimes I don't know how I remain as independent as I am as some sort of weird plus. As the name implies if you haven't got the hint yet I am a "big mess". Nice to meet everyone, I hope I'll get something out of being here!

I have ASD, too. In my case I think it makes my ptsd even more hidden - I'm always described as "hard to read", and "lacking somewhat in facial expressions and body language-expressions". What I say and what I look like don't jive. People don't understand my mind's logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back