• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Just had an OMG Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies, suppose I should have explained. Just weeks after Evie's trauma, she disappeared whilst still in hospital. No note, no trace. Just ran off. No contact for 5 years. Given her physical condition, we weren't certain if she were dead or alive. So. When she finally called me, it was marvelous. I still recall that moment fondly.

Jim.

Oh Jim, I am so sorry. No wonder you understand! I have not had the opportunity to hear your story or get to know you so I was unaware. Is she Ok now? In fact now that I recall, someone mentioned you and how you would understand and could possibly help smooth the reintroduction process for me but I did not understand what it meant.

You are right, words can not explain the feeling. I absolutly could not breathe for 2 days and in fact it is still very fresh. She called us Friday evening. My heart skips beats, my head spins and I can't breathe. Tell this to a doc and he would think I was having a stroke or something. My head feels like it is going to simply explode. I am experiencing the strangest kind of elated anxiety? I just don't know what to do first.
I tryed to shop for a few groceries this morning, well that was a joke. I can't concentrate, I just keep thinking OMG she called---OMG she is OK---OMG there is a new baby girl and then the weeping starts. Joyous elation mixed with some fear that if I say or do the the wrong thing it will all go away again. I should act normal, but what in the hell does that mean. Oh Jim, I am terrified I'll loose her again. How do I get over this intense fear and not let it get in the way?????

Well, my OMG moment is really beginning to become a reality. Went to the grocery store, forgot why I went when I discovered I was in the infant isle loking at baby booties. Never ever thought I would be there looking AND glad!!!

All of you guys have been so much help to me. If I did not have you guys to talk to, this could actually be sad. To have such a blessing and no one to share it with sounds so very sad and lonely. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity you have given me to share and be proud and do some well deserved bragging.

I can hardly wait untill I see pics or even better hold this little bundle of love. To actually be able to look into my daughter's eyes and know for sure she is safe will be, no doubt, the greatest day of my life except maybe the day she was born AND the day I hold my grandchild for the first time.

Again, you guys will never know what your support and encouragement has meant to me. THANK YOU Grama Herc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back