• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical MRI Shows Tumors & Cysts On Spine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have similar family horror stories and my wife says they are scaring the hell out of everyone to make money on tests and biopsies. One of our inlaws was sure she had breast cancer twice because of them. Ok I get it. I'm waiting to see. I can't tell you I'm not worried though. I'm doing ok.
I think they are also scared that they're going to get sued for missing something. We have the same sort of alarmism right now at the VA, in regard to suicide prevention. You tell them you have a headache and they're asking you if you have thoughts of hurting yourself.

Different, clearly...but similar premise. Your like..."could someone just tell me what's happening to me?"

Hey @Mach123 I've been thinking about you, and hoping things get better :)
-Brian

I got "shorty" on the phone finally. These women are all reminiscent of my mother who was only about 5'4". Same with the therapist. My wife on the other hand is big and beautiful. There is a whole thing in that but, it's another story.

I love my doctor which is not surprising. Communication with her is great when I can speak with her directly but non existent when someone is between us like the staff at that place. It's always the same. She says one thing, they say another and then I have to get in front of her again and then things are ok again. I've even just made an appointment. I'm like not listening anymore I'm coming in to speak to the doctor because you (the nurses) are telling me some BS my doctor never said. This makes me upset and angry and I wanna start yelling. The staff marks u as a problem then it's like, forget it.

Then I get the doctor on the phone and she says "everything is fine sweetie or hunnie" and I go to pieces and forget I was ever upset. It's just the confusion of her having to go a million miles an hour and see way too many patients. See, I'm protective of her.

So we are scheduling the next MRI and she told me what to do. I have to call the other hospital and have the order for the MRI faxed over here and they should be able to schedule it right away.

She thanked me for calling her which is so sweet. Meaning like getting her on the phone and explaining what's going on because like I said, she has to go so fast and she tries to understand the messages the nurses give her, but she doesn't. It's bad enough in her actual network never mind when you go outside it.

She said "they didn't say it was cancer." I said "they said they didn't know what it was, but its cysts or tumours and it needs the next MRI to see it clearly, and I wanna do it here not there."

She said ok, we're on it. Then she thanked me for calling which meant forcing her to come to the phone and getting her on board.

That's how it is? I don't like doing it but you have to or they just ignore you.

I got "shorty" on the phone finally. These women are all reminiscent of my mother who was only about 5'4". Same with the therapist. My wife on the other hand is big and beautiful. There is a whole thing in that but, it's another story.

I love my doctor which is not surprising. Communication with her is great when I can speak with her directly but non existent when someone is between us like the staff at that place. It's always the same. She says one thing, they say another and then I have to get in front of her again and then things are ok again. I've even just made an appointment. I'm like not listening anymore I'm coming in to speak to the doctor because you (the nurses) are telling me some BS my doctor never said. This makes me upset and angry and I wanna start yelling. The staff marks u as a problem then it's like, forget it.

Then I get the doctor on the phone and she says "everything is fine sweetie or hunnie" and I go to pieces and forget I was ever upset. It's just the confusion of her having to go a million miles an hour and see way too many patients. See, I'm protective of her.

So we are scheduling the next MRI and she told me what to do. I have to call the other hospital and have the order for the MRI faxed over here and they should be able to schedule it right away.

She thanked me for calling her which is so sweet. Meaning like getting her on the phone and explaining what's going on because like I said, she has to go so fast and she tries to understand the messages the nurses give her, but she doesn't. It's bad enough in her actual network never mind when you go outside it.

She said "they didn't say it was cancer." I said "they said they didn't know what it was, but its cysts or tumours and it needs the next MRI to see it clearly, and I wanna do it here not there."

She said ok, we're on it. Then she thanked me for calling which meant forcing her to come to the phone and getting her on board.

That's how it is? I don't like doing it but you have to or they just ignore you.

It's hard these days with these documentation procedures for doctors that they are required to do or they won't get reimbursed. It means they need to rush to see patients and then write it all down and then rush to see the next person. This is their life now but it really is unfortunate for you and her.

Also, those people are not nurses, they are Medical Assistants. They get one year of school. Or most of a year. An RN with an associates degree has 2 years of prerequisites and two years of nursing school with lots of clinical practice. RNs and LPNs know how to say, "I don't know, but I will find out". I had an MA read an MRI report to me on the phone, which I had in my hand, and it said the levels L1-L4 needed surgery, but level L5 was fine. She got to the end of the report, and said that everything was fine. There was no problem. I drew her attention to the part where it said L1-L4 needed surgery, and she said, "No, it says everything is fine". That's when I stopped talking to MAs about my health.

I think you are handling this all very well. Playing telephone with doctors' offices is frustrating even when it is a minor issue. I get all my MRIs at the fancy sports medicine place because I don't want to deal with the stress of going to one of the big hospitals either.

Also, you can go to Medical Records in the facility where you get your MRI, and ask for a copy of the report. You can do this in the US, I mean. It should be ready after 24 hours. I always do this, and then I can write down any questions I have.

Thx everyone so much. Took me three days to get a fax sent from one hospital to another. Or for everyone involved to know if it was sent or not or, whatever.

Now the test is scheduled and if I can get the ins co authorisation confirmed through the urology office, I can get it sooner. I left them a message. I think I called them 4 times today.

Its appalling but this is how it's done. You get on them and stay on them. I can do it it's just keeping myself from bugging out on them.

I appreciate everything everyone said. : ) It's so nice to have your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back