• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship need perspective/reality check in C/PTSD marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent 5 yrs with a man who’s behaviour was very similar. I was on medication and seeing a therapist and was still suicidal. He has combat PTSD - properly diagnosed and confirmed for medical discharge from the Army. He is also a malignant narcissist with psychopathic features - diagnosed to me by two qualified psychologists who know him socially.
I left to save my life. You should too. Surviving is not living. And it’s no life for a child.

Sorry for the disappearing act. Things have been complicated here, we were forced to put our dog down. This lead to more extreme behaviour, and more inability on my part to cope and deal with this. I had planned to address things before our dog problems, now I've had to back away. I'm still trying to organise supports for an actual confrontation. During this last few days I did use "C/PTSD" in a sentence with her, that sent her off the rails. I am convinced she will not allow assessment, and if forced will just lie through it, she knows all the tests, she has both psychology and social worker degrees. She stated that she is more functional than I am. As I am the only one who sees this behaviour, no one will believe me, and I have no way of proving anything. Getting a body like Child Services involved is pretty heavy handed and possibly damaging to my daughter no matter what the outcome. She also stated that if she started to feel unsafe (threatened by my accusations of ptsd) here in this home she would take herself and our daughter to a shelter.
I'm not sure what to do next. At least I've managed to get things calm while I figure this out.

Getting a body like Child Services involved is pretty heavy handed and possibly damaging to my daughter no matter what the outcome. She also stated that if she started to feel unsafe (threatened by my accusations of ptsd) here in this home she would take herself and our daughter to a shelter.

You know what’s more damaging? Being raised by an abusive and manipulative mother. Go talk to a lawyer, because if she takes your daughter and runs it’s going to be hell.

Your very first priority is that baby. Worry about the rest later.

Thank you!
Also, I've switched off all my notifications for my account but I'm still getting emails, and that could be dangerous for me. Can anyone assist?

Hi,

I don't normally stray outside of trauma diaries these days

Check out my profile and last posts if you are curious where Im coming from.

From what youve written that I've read, gtf out of it!

Minimise your financial exposure and get the feck out!

I know that it's difficult, you're probably a genuine guy,
It sounds like you are being milked in every sense of the word. Get out!

In your Profile you can click on your “account details” and click off email notifications.

Does she check your email??
No she doesn't but notifications show on my phone homescreen which she can see. Yes I did uncheck all those on the account details, I guess I didn't wait long enough, seems to have kicked in now. Thanks.

Thanks everyone. I'm still quite confused, this is likely not expressly C/PTSD. I will try to figure out a course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back