• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Newby Getting Connected - PTSD Sufferer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfirewildone

MyPTSD Pro
Newby-Getting connected....

I am new to this forum...I haven't ever tried this before....HI! I feel very much alone..presently having horrific nightmares...I was diagnosed with PTSD 3 years ago..flashbacks are more than I want to handle anymore..I live in Elyria Ohio in the USA..There are no PTSD groups in the Greater Cleveland area anymore....The group I was in was cancelled....Story of that=NOT PROFITABLE!!! I have no where to get support and I've been pretty bummed out about that....I have a good therapist and an excellant psychodoc!!!! Recently a guy in my apartment building got on the elevator with me...after doors closed he loomed over me (I was in my wheelchair) and rubbed my arm from my elbow to wrist and back...probably why the symptoms have become rampant again....I hate this!!! I never brought the origional abuse on myself....still I am the one to suffer!!!

Hi Wildfire,

Welcome to the forum, and very glad to have you hear. Thats a bit of a bum wrap about the support group closing up. I don't understand what it is about support groups that they begin non-profit, then they want to get bigger and make profit, which in turn seals their demise by closing up because none, to little money rolls into these groups unless very actively soliciting funding for them, which is nearly a full-time job.

Wow... bit a weird thing for someone to do ha? Rub your elbow to wrist and back again whilst in the elevator. Did you punch him in the nuts? Do you still have full upper body movement... I am assuming???

Welcome fellow new person, wildfirewildone :)

I am pleased you have a good doc and therapist....that means a lot....I know it does for me. too.

I hear you totally about how its totally not fair...it wasn't your fault, and you're left with the fallout.....I am currently grieving the lost years that were full of fear and buried aliveness.....

sorry to hear your group's ended...I actually think its very brave of you to attend a group in the first place....groups never helped me because of the re-traumatisation issues (I was bullied by my peers for 10 years....and unprotected by teachers and family)
what I'm going to do is apply to be befriended as part of Mind's (UK) mental health befriending scheme. maybe there are organisations like that somewhere near you?

Welcome, welcome!! I'm so glad you guys are here! Wildfire, I know what you mean about not getting the personalized help you need. I live in Iowa and there is no ptsd groups. In fact, I don't have therapists or psychiatrists that specialize in ptsd or trauma in my area. I even researched at the University of Iowa Hospitals and they could not find anyone. It's pretty disheartening. I felt so alone after a struggle like that!

LOLOL! My two year-old wants this smilie up here: Take no offense! :hit-boss:
(wow, she's persistent!)

Anyway, Wildfire and Olivia, welcome aboard. I'm so happy when new people visit, although I'm sorry for the circumstances that got you here. I look forward to future posts.:smile:

well just want to say hi to wildfirewildone,starshine,and olivia....and welcome i usually log in at the early hours of the morn ( i live in melbourne down under) i hope you find this site an asset..
greatest joy neva lies in never falling but in rising evertime we fall...
i look forward to communicating with you all at some time
stay safe and warm hugs

Welcome everyone!!!!

So glad to see so many new faces (usernames? lol)
I'm usually on randomly throughout the day,
and I look forward to learning more about you

Take care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back