• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

One Thing That Made You Smile Today?

Connecting with a sort of local caterer, at her request, for a discussion of vegan gluten-free ideas they may be able to offer in their weekly dinner take-out business.

She's meeting with their chef tomorrow and wants to go in with some tried and true suggestions from someone who practices the lifestyle daily. How exciting! ?

It sure feels odd, but in a very good way, to be sought after specifically for my thoughts about menus and food options for a change, as it's usually quite the opposite. ?

Connecting with a sort of local caterer, at her request, for a discussion of vegan gluten-free ideas they may be able to offer in their weekly dinner take-out business.

She's meeting with their chef tomorrow and wants to go in with some tried and true suggestions from someone who practices the lifestyle daily. How exciting! ?

It sure feels odd, but in a very good way, to be sought after specifically for my thoughts about menus and food options for a change, as it's usually quite the opposite. ?
That's really wonderful @Tornadic Thoughts ! Just goes to show, when you follow your passions, doors open.
You are now recognised as an "expert".
What a great way to share your passion!?

Kind of laugh kind of ? : some guy sitting across from me said, "I like your sandals". Then he said, "Do you want a pair of high heels?"Which then he repeated, took out a black pair with about 3" heels from a duffel bag, and said, 'My feet are killing me I've worn them all day" ? (!) ?

Oops, missed the edit, but was thinking the above ^^ was a bit bizarre; if I think in seriousness, kindness, and some guidance, and forgiveness. And feeling better because of that, so that made me smile. Plus some geese, and a funny video I was sent.

Though I notice it is weird- having to wear masks for months, at first they were handy, as I didn't have to hide my expression at work etc. But there must also be truth in that we (all people) both affect our sense of safety by our own expressions, and coregulate with others by our'/ their cues/ expressions.

It's strange too because I've noticed for a while that wearing a mask it is harder for me to hear. That makes sense if I'm reading lips and don't realize it (plugged ear(s) ), but it doesn't explain why it's so when I'm the only one wearing it. I can only guess my brain is busy looking for other safety cues to focus, Idk. Or just less air/ takes more energy? It's kind of funny, actually. ?

Back