• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

Here is another Fall leave photo I took today at our local park, when I took the pup there for a time of play.
IMG_7672.jpg

Been spending more time in nature as of late, as you'll see below, enjoying it before it gets too cold to be comfortable doing so as often.

Here's a wooly aphid farm, being farmed by the ant(s) - fascinating:

"Chemicals on ants' feet tranquilise and subdue colonies of aphids, keeping them close by as a ready source of food, says new research. The study throws new light on the complex relationship between ants and the colonies of aphids whose sugary secretions the ants eat."

IMG_8020.JPG

Collecting black walnuts to take to the local wildlife center to help the feeding of 19 bear cubs they've taken in that were either orphaned, injured, or separated from their mothers - still have A LOT to gather, if/when the rain ever stops:

IMG_8035.JPG

Nature is so artistic - not your "average" mushroom:

IMG_8066.JPG

Birds of a feather stick together, so they say - my turkey brethren leaving a gift:

IMG_8089.JPG

Persimmons trees - yum! - one good thing about the frost that we can look forward to - they taste so sweet, eventually:

IMG_8145.JPG

The spider that likes sound therapy - made her home attached to the wind chimes and crawls up in one of the tubes in between making her web - if a storm/heavy rain comes, she dismantles the web and goes way up in the tube, then returns once it's over - fascinating:

IMG_8219.JPG

This is Ms. Sound Therapy Spidey's neighboring web, made me think of the times I felt like I was in the gutter, then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I would inevitably run into a brick wall - whew - glad to see some beauty attached to the bricks and gutters for a change:

IMG_8244.JPG

For all the times I made a wish and blew on the wish plants, be it dandelions or otherwise, then wondered why my wish never came true - it simply got hung up along the way - there's still time 💛 :

IMG_8274.JPG

This was an experiment. Sometimes when chopping peppers from the store, you can see some of the seeds starting to germinate so, this spring I threw half a dozen in with the sunflowers. We got one plant, and this one pepper.

Attachments

• D4E605AE-5628-4CBD-B8D4-DFC7BB74E828.jpeg
    D4E605AE-5628-4CBD-B8D4-DFC7BB74E828.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • 952DEFD6-E75A-46F8-87BF-0332A436E443.jpeg
    952DEFD6-E75A-46F8-87BF-0332A436E443.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Been spending more time in nature as of late, as you'll see below, enjoying it before it gets too cold to be comfortable doing so as often.

"Chemicals on ants' feet tranquilise and subdue colonies of aphids, keeping them close by as a ready source of food, says new research. The study throws new light on the complex relationship between ants and the colonies of aphids whose sugary secretions the ants eat."

View attachment 58684

Collecting black walnuts to take to the local wildlife center to help the feeding of 19 bear cubs they've taken in that were either orphaned, injured, or separated from their mothers - still have A LOT to gather, if/when the rain ever stops:

View attachment 58685

View attachment 58686

Birds of a feather stick together, so they say - my turkey brethren leaving a gift:

View attachment 58687

Persimmons trees - yum! - one good thing about the frost that we can look forward to - they taste so sweet, eventually:

View attachment 58688

The spider that likes sound therapy - made her home attached to the wind chimes and crawls up in one of the tubes in between making her web - if a storm/heavy rain comes, she dismantles the web and goes way up in the tube, then returns once it's over - fascinating:

View attachment 58689

This is Ms. Sound Therapy Spidey's neighboring web, made me think of the times I felt like I was in the gutter, then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I would inevitably run into a brick wall - whew - glad to see some beauty attached to the bricks and gutters for a change:

View attachment 58690

For all the times I made a wish and blew on the wish plants, be it dandelions or otherwise, then wondered why my wish never came true - it simply got hung up along the way - there's still time 💛 :

View attachment 58691
The aphids' and ants' relationship was fascinating to know. Thanks for sharing that tidbit of extended knowledge between the two. And your photo of the fir limb and dandelion-type seed pod is beautiful! I enjoyed seeing your photos.

View attachment 58684

View attachment 58685

View attachment 58686

View attachment 58687

View attachment 58688

View attachment 58689

View attachment 58690

View attachment 58691
Great photos! I think I'd really enjoy your company out in nature, doing photography! An you are so compassionate....baby bears and walnuts....so sweet.

Loved the info and pics @Tornadic Thoughts!! You are better than Google woman!! And you have all this right in your living space. Since we can't be there with you, it is deeply appreciated that you are sharing with us. Gentle hugs. And hope you take some pics of the baby bears if you can!!!

Back