• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

Fall on Ridge.jpg

Brrr....y'all keep the snow, please. lol

Thank you for your replies and kind comments a while back, @ladee , @TruthSeeker , and @Still Standing . I wish I would be allowed to take pics of the bears, but they don't allow any human contact outside of the wildlife center caregivers. However, you can watch them from afar on a live streaming "critter cams" during the daylight hours, and see some pics in various places on the website below 😁 :

Been nurturing more greenage, indoors and out, and learning more helpful stuff to hopefully continue growing at least some through winter. Dehydrating the abundance to make my own greens powders, sharing them with interested friends and acquaintances, and crafting lots of fresh yum yums from the rest - NOT looking forward to the "fall back" time change this weekend - bah f'n humbug. 🤨

A dear friend grows these as a side gig and I buy a tray of them from her every couple weeks. I put them in damn near everything, as well as just grab a handful and munch as a snack. I recently got my own trays, etc. to give it a try myself - I may just practice grow other varieties in much smaller containers to accent the ones I get in the trays. Then, if something ever happens to cut off my supply, I'll be ready to grow in larger quantities. So far, mammoth red rock cabbage, red russian kale, broccoli, radish, and spicy salad mix (broccoli, kale, kohlrabi, arugula, red cabbage, and southern giant mustard) are the ones I've tried and loved. Was given samples at first - didn't buy tray fulls of ALL of those - yet. lol Here's a pic of the lil' red russian kale babies:

IMG_7791.JPG

Here's the broccoli variety - these are a bit more leggy:

IMG_8287.JPG

Some fenugreek sprouts doing their tasty thang:

IMG_8524.JPG

The outdoor greenages doing their tasty thangs - the baby swiss chard:

IMG_8511.JPG

The kale:

IMG_8561.JPG

The mesclun mix:

IMG_8562.JPG

Red and green leaf lettuce:

IMG_8563.JPG

Arugula:

IMG_8566.JPG

Mmmmm....now I'm craving (yet another) salad. lol 🥗

I found this stencil after literally searching for years. We got it in one of the first pumpkin carver kits we got when they were little in the 90’s. I had to get a picture of it off the internet and print it out. It’s not our best effort but, some trial and error lol. I didn’t transfer it correctly but my daughter and I worked quite hard in it for several hours and it was a fun project , we may do another . : )

Attachments

• F29FC42D-06D4-4761-831A-BD576B5434B9.jpeg
    F29FC42D-06D4-4761-831A-BD576B5434B9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 9E1FB999-C2BA-41B8-83D0-746850D42D07.jpeg
    9E1FB999-C2BA-41B8-83D0-746850D42D07.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • 1969939E-F1D2-4852-B08D-F5CC988C6C22.jpeg
    1969939E-F1D2-4852-B08D-F5CC988C6C22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • CC4516CF-5733-49B6-8971-F62BF1495158.jpeg
    CC4516CF-5733-49B6-8971-F62BF1495158.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • C51408C9-DECB-49C4-8C8E-EA0FBB7510B3.jpeg
    C51408C9-DECB-49C4-8C8E-EA0FBB7510B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Brrr....y'all keep the snow, please. lol

Thank you for your replies and kind comments a while back, @ladee , @TruthSeeker , and @Still Standing . I wish I would be allowed to take pics of the bears, but they don't allow any human contact outside of the wildlife center caregivers. However, you can watch them from afar on a live streaming "critter cams" during the daylight hours, and see some pics in various places on the website below 😁 :

Been nurturing more greenage, indoors and out, and learning more helpful stuff to hopefully continue growing at least some through winter. Dehydrating the abundance to make my own greens powders, sharing them with interested friends and acquaintances, and crafting lots of fresh yum yums from the rest - NOT looking forward to the "fall back" time change this weekend - bah f'n humbug. 🤨

A dear friend grows these as a side gig and I buy a tray of them from her every couple weeks. I put them in damn near everything, as well as just grab a handful and munch as a snack. I recently got my own trays, etc. to give it a try myself - I may just practice grow other varieties in much smaller containers to accent the ones I get in the trays. Then, if something ever happens to cut off my supply, I'll be ready to grow in larger quantities. So far, mammoth red rock cabbage, red russian kale, broccoli, radish, and spicy salad mix (broccoli, kale, kohlrabi, arugula, red cabbage, and southern giant mustard) are the ones I've tried and loved. Was given samples at first - didn't buy tray fulls of ALL of those - yet. lol Here's a pic of the lil' red russian kale babies:

View attachment 58787

Here's the broccoli variety - these are a bit more leggy:

View attachment 58788

Some fenugreek sprouts doing their tasty thang:

View attachment 58791

The outdoor greenages doing their tasty thangs - the baby swiss chard:

View attachment 58790

The kale:

View attachment 58792

The mesclun mix:

View attachment 58793

Red and green leaf lettuce:

View attachment 58794

Arugula:

View attachment 58795

Mmmmm....now I'm craving (yet another) salad. lol 🥗
The plants look very healthy. You have a talent here....and possible money making prospects!

Back