• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General PTSD and Infidelity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Really fantastic to know people still read her posts. As I said earlier, she spent months feeling bad about not coming here anymore to support others. The forum made her ill after a time, which was her reason for leaving. Perfectly legit reason IMHO but she struggled with it and felt selfish. Seems though, she continues to be a support without knowing it. I will let her know that, and that people here care for her also. Thanks fin...

Oh. I did confront her last night about the prostitute thing. Maybe I should have waited a bit, as she had a complete meltdown over it. Out of respect for her I won't go into the details of it here, but suffice it to say, she is terrified and guilty over a number of things. At least she was able to get most of it out of herself I reckon, and her parents were there to help too. She seems improved this morning. We're going to chat more over the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear that she didn't take the confrontation thing well, but I understand it as well. However, it was good for her to get things out..even if it was hard at the time, and I believe as time goes on, she'll feel even better about it.

I know how I get when I am feeling insecure, and then someone confronts me about something I have said or done as a result...it isn't nice, but then talking it over always helps in the end, even if it isn't apparent right away.

Hopefully, you both understand the situation, and what is going on with each other, a little better now.

I'm thinking of you both.

Hi Tardis,

I have come to know Evie through her posts and through the love that Jim and Kathy have shown for her through their posts. I have come to realize what a very strong and special woman she is.

Encourage her, talk to her, show her your love, tell her that it is ok to be scared...and don't take everything personal right now..she is scared, confused, frustrated, she needs you more then ever !

Luthien, your experience is so similar to what Evie is going through right now....I am sure you helped Evie more then you know.

My thoughts are with you Tardis and Evie !

Frankie

Thanks Frankie. I'm trying to be there for her, feel a tad guilty about my new job as it takes me away from her lots. Though she would tell me to shut up about that, she's over the moon that I have the position at uni. Reading week is coming up shortly, we will have that whole week together. She's doing better today, a lot calmer. We've chatted more. The past week was tough with all the emotional bullshit and she's had physical pain as well. Biggest mistake she made was not talking to me or her parents about how she was feeling, until she exploded basically. Learning experience for us both really, I have to learn to talk more also.

Hi Tardis,

Don't ever feel guilty about something that brings you pleasure or that is good for you. You have to think about yourself too ! You found a job you love, so go for it ! And Evie sounds like she is proud of your new job !

Tardis, I can't even begin to imagine how emotional she must have been this past week.....with her being scared with all she is going through and at the same time trying to be strong for you and her family.

It would be hard on someone not having PTSD...how much more emotional it is dealing with sickness and PTSD also !

You are so right Tardis.....TALKING is the best thing ! The more we keep bottled inside...the worst it is....it will only explode !! So talk about your feelings, emotions, what scares you, what makes you happy....etc.

And keep on smiling and laughing....laughter is such a great thing to share !

Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back