• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Quotes Relevant To PTSD Symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have one. This is so funny. My brother said this to me once.

"The problem with depression is that people are narcasistic enough as to
think that many people are actualy thinking about them".

:rofl:
I thought it was hilarious cause often when Im depressed its cause I think people think badly of me.

About Attitude....

Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says,"This is the real me," and when you have found that attitude, follow it.

-------------------William James

Here's one of my all time favorites:

"Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only YOU can feel its warmth"

i think of employers dealing with ptsd like this:

"He is so narrowminded, he can see through a keyhole with both eyes open."

We live in a modern society that loves shortcut techniques. Yet quality of life cannot be achieved by taking the right shortcut. There is no shortcut. But there is a path. The path is based on principles revered throughout history.If there is one message to glean from this wisdom, it is that a meaningful life is not a matter of speed or efficiency. It's much more a matter of what you do and why you do it than how fast you get it done. - Stephen Covey

In the absence of "wake-up calls," many of us never really confront the critical issues of life. Instead of looking for deep chronic causes, we look for a quick-fix Band-Aids and aspirin to treat the acute pain. Fortified by temporary relief, we get busier and busier doing "good" things and never even stop to ask ourselves if what we're doing really matters most.
-Stephen Covey

The way of all peace is to scale the mountain of Self. Loving others makes the climb down easier. We see all things darkly until love lights the lamp of our soul.
~Novus Spiritus

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great,
and no tonic so powerful as expectation of someting tomorrow.
-Orison Sweet Marden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back