• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sick (literally) of medication and psychiatrists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have ptsd, insomnia, and eating disorder. You were at your best you've ever been when smoking. You want off antidepressants, And you already have a medicinal marijuana card. What are you waiting for? Screw what other people say. If smoking helps you. And med's are not. Just smoke a joint. I had basically the same thing. I just quited cold turkey, Smoked some weed and took some sugar. (the sugar keeps your glucose levels stable) I'm doing okay without using anything now for years. The marijuana will have some negative effects on short term memory while smoking. But that's only when you smoke allot for long time. And it's not permanent. Memory will return to normal again after you quite smoking. These med's are far more harmful and potentially dangerous than marijuana. And stopping marijuana isn't really that hard. I only had some mild discomfort for about a week when i stopped smoking marijuana. (after 5 years smoking every day) So the hole addiction argument shouldn't be an issue.

As for your father. You'll have to try to come to a agreement on the smoking. Maybe smoke outside?

As for psychs and therapist. They never really helped me. But i found a personal coach who really helped me instead. Therapy was just not working for me. I didn't feel i was going forward. And i already knew were the emotions came from. I didn't just wanted someone listening. I wanted someone who gave me more practical tips for moving forward. That personal coach did more for me in two months. Than all those psychs and therapist did in years. (maybe because i'm an active and independent guy?) Not saying you should just quite therapy. But maybe you can try it. It helped me. Maybe it can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also use selfmade marijuana (THC) oil. I don't know your financial or insurance situation. But you can make it cheap if you can make a deal with someone who is growing marijuana. You don't need high grade bud's to make it. As you can purify the THC by chemical solution. Leaving only the pure active oils behind after the solution is vapourised. Using pure THC oils also reduce the chance on paranoia. And gives a better high instead of a heavy stoned. And can be used in cake or whatever. (chocolate cake is great) You can also use a vapouriser with steam. But these can be a bit expensive. You can order them on some dutch websites. Just check if it doesn't give problems with your local laws first. If you need info about anything marijuana related please let me know. I'm a hardened veteran on the issue. And i'm dutch. So it's almost a civil duty to educate you Americans. (no offence, but american weed really sucks and most americans really can't role a good joint) I've educated many American tourists.

So you have ptsd, insomnia, and eating disorder. You were at your best you've ever been when smoking. Y...
Thank you for your response! You’re totally right, I don’t know what I’m waiting for!! Hahaha. I just stopped by the dispensary yesterday and instead of flower I got a tinture and a set of tablets, tinture with CBD/THC mix for pain and anxiety, tablets are awakening for depressive episodes. And WOW, what a difference. I slept 9 hours of sound and deep, uninterrupted sleep with no nightmares for the first time since April. I’ve lowered the Effexor dose and despite the annoying brain zaps I still feel amazing. Yesterday I exercised for the first time in forever because I finally felt energized. This stuff is amazing lol.

Right now I’ve gone from 2 sessions a week to 1 session a week, for maintenance. I think what will really help me is to explore spirituality more, so I’m planting the seeds there so to speak and exploring my options. Also doing a lot of reading. It’s been helping!!

You can also use selfmade marijuana (THC) oil. I don't know your financial or insurance situation. But...
Aw thank you so much! My uncle has told me amazing things about your marijuana haha he travelled there for a while. I know for a fact I can’t roll lol, better at joints than blunts but I’ve only rolled one good one in my time hahaha.

Right now I can afford the $40 or so a month on the tintures, that’s actually what my psych costs EXACTLY with insurance, so in the end I’d be saving money because my meds cost something like $40 a month right now! Yay for alternative medicine!

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have ptsd, insomnia, and eating disorder. You were at your best you've ever been when smoking. Y...
It’s so funny you mentioned the sugar tablets because since lowering my dose (I’ll be done in a week, but don’t want to go cold turkey bc there’s a high risk of seizures) I CRAVE sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back