• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

This place - Support for others that I see on this site is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboo

Learning
I would like to say that support for others that I see on this site is incredible. I don't post a lot, but I read a lot of them and it helps to understand that the things I've felt and feel are not just me. That the things I feel, and question, and fight against are normal in context with the things in my past. The compassion and delicate lessons that are offered to others on this site just makes my soul happy. There is so much pain in the world. And so much of it comes from places that we don't want to share with others for so many reasons. Reading the posts on here and seeing every day the constant kindness, support, validation, and true understanding for others' experiences, pain, and growth gives my heart hope.
To feel broken or alone in this world is a horrible thing. I love that I've been able to come to a place where people prove that you aren't.

I would like to say that support for others that I see on this site is incredible. I don't post a lot, but I read a lot of them and it helps to understand that the things I've felt and feel are not just me. That the things I feel, and question, and fight against are normal in context with the things in my past. The compassion and delicate lessons that are offered to others on this site just makes my soul happy. There is so much pain in the world. And so much of it comes from places that we don't want to share with others for so many reasons. Reading the posts on here and seeing every day the constant kindness, support, validation, and true understanding for others' experiences, pain, and growth gives my heart hope.
To feel broken or alone in this world is a horrible thing. I love that I've been able to come to a place where people prove that you aren't.
What Bamboo said.

A couple years ago I would have been screwed on a day like today but today it's like what the heck, its just another day living with PTSD.

This palce and the people here and the fact they get living with PTSD...just amazing, as is the help getting through days when getting milk and cereal in the same bowl is a win.

something i find even more awesome than the support here is that the peer support network --of which this site is but a single node-- is a worldwide healing network which comes in flavors and varieties for every need. this entire network is united by one single principle: healing hopes.

methinks that we have put the UN to shame. . .
LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GRASS ROOTS.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

something i find even more awesome than the support here is that the peer support network --of which this site is but a single node-- is a worldwide healing network which comes in flavors and varieties for every need. this entire network is united by one single principle: healing hopes.

methinks that we have put the UN to shame. . .
LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GRASS ROOTS.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Absolutely

@Bamboo
What kind and truthful words you speak! Knowing that I have a place to come where I am accepted, understood, not judged, and appreciated in ways that are not possible in ”real” life is truly the gift of a lifetime. I’ve been here so long that it’s a huge stress release just to come and read the posts and/or diaries of people I have come to know and love!

I felt alone for so many years…and it IS horrible. Those of us who are many years into our healing process still have the need to come here for validation and understanding during our trigger times of the year.

Everyone’s is different but here we are able to relate to each other on a level that people who don’t deal with PTSD can ever come close to. Doesn’t matter what time of year it is…someone will be able to relate to our feelings and lift us up just by being here, offering understanding, and standing by/with each other.

You stated very well the reasons I have stayed so long.

Blessings sent to you on your healing journey!
AKJ

My two sources of peer support (here && one on Discord) have been absolutely invaluable to me in feeling like a real life human person with friends and relationships. My disorders interfere with my ability to socialize "face-to-face" (I get aggressive, irritated, zone out, angry.) I view these online spaces as a reasonable accommodation for reactive attachment disorder and PTSD. The level of kindness && companionship I have experienced here has certainly been overwhelming, especially as I have become more revelatory about the nature of my experiences && my role in them. Even still, people are so adamant that I am worthy of love and attentiveness. That I am not a monster. That I can participate in this community myself && do my best to help other people in need & see myself be able to be prosocial. It's very unprecedented. I appreciate every regular member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back