• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Trauma timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyLou

Learning
This might be a strange question, I'm not sure but I'm taking another go at my timeline this evening. I'm doing OK with it, so far, i feel strange asking this....but I'm wondering, because I believe what happened to me was a contributing factor to doing it....do I put the period of hypersexuality on the timeline?

From me,I link that period to the trauma, so if I did a timeline I would include it for me.
How are you holding it? Sounds like for you it's linked so why not include it?

It would depend on what kind of timeline I’m writing.

Purely trauma? No, I wouldn’t.
Trauma + Effects & Phases & Aspects of my life? Yes, I would.

It’s fairly easy for me to concentrate on everything else not-trauma going on in my life, so it’s something I’ve done fairly frequently. Often enough, in both fine detail & general overview, that I’ve been able to parse out my patterns. Which has been phenom helpful for me in countless ways.

the development of my own hyper-sexuality was highly pertinent to my own trauma time-line. in my own case, it developed while i was still in elementary school and attracted sexual predators like a magnet. it contributed mightily to the ongoing trauma, escalating the symptoms of guilt, self-blame, low self-esteem, etc., as it rolled.

but every case is unique, lucy. stay true to your own case.

steadying support while you sort.

It would depend on what kind of timeline I’m writing.

Purely trauma? No, I wouldn’t.
Trauma + Effects & Phases & Aspects of my life? Yes, I would.

It’s fairly easy for me to concentrate on everything else not-trauma going on in my life, so it’s something I’ve done fairly frequently. Often enough, in both fine detail & general overview, that I’ve been able to parse out my patterns. Which has been phenom helpful for me in countless ways.
Hej Friday,

Are there any templates or guidelines to write my own timeline?

I did it 5 years ago, but at that time I was not aware of my (C) PTSD.

Looking forward to feedback.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back