• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

We Love Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see cat lovers. My 18 year old cat has taken a turn this past week :( . I'm gonna be so sad to see her go :( .

I have had cats all of my adult life. I currently have 2 but will be getting a third soon.

I had a bassett hound for 10 years. He also had ptsd. He once was let out of my yard during a flash flood while we were out of town. The fire department found him 2 miles away. During a different storm were living just south of downtown Fort Worth TX when a tornado followed a tract just north of us. He did not like that at all. For the rest of his days any rain would cause him to have a major attack of anxiety.

Never met an animal that I didn't like. In fact I still like them more than people. I couldn't live without them.
My closest friends have been cats, dogs,rat,mice,horses,cows, and one tiger!
O

An update on my cat: I did some research on geratric cats, decided she was dehydrated (she would not eat or drink). Fed her canned pumpkin and catnip tea...a few days later she is back to her sassy, spoiled self. Back to eating and drinking almost normally (now getting soft cat food in addition to dry). I think she used up another one of her nine lives. But I'm so glad I've got her for a little while longer!

A good tip for dehydrated cats/dogs is Gatoraid. They usually like the red flavour the best. You can dilute it too. Great for diareah too. And migrains in people.

A close family friend is a retired animal trainer for movies. He has kept and collected various big, I mean BIG cats, and wolves, and foxes.... the list is endless.
Raja was a Bengal Tiger used in the movie Jungle book. Absolutely Gorgeous, and very gentle. If you love cats, you would love the waya tiger purrs. Kinda a Vuh-vuh-vuh sound really quickly repeated over and over. The only down side to Raja is he always wanted to "mark" his friends, and he could "mark" a good 10 feet easy. Once I leaned how and when to dodge the Urine Shower, I was in love. He died about 3 years ago.
O

I've got a black cat called Moses and I think he may have PTSD. Several years ago he was bitten by a small brown snake( very poisoness), the snake had gotten into the house and Moses thought he'd play with it. Moses lived, after some serious vet bills that is. Soon after he was bitten he took on the whole PTSD thing, he very gingerly walks around and smells everything. Where the snake bit him in the house, he'll sit on a table and stare at the spot for ages. If he goes outside he'll go to walk through a doorway and before he gets to the door he'll jump three foot up in the air to jump over the doorstep just in case there's a snake near the doorstep and boy is he jumpy, he also has serious bad dreams, I presume. Then if there's anything on the floor long and skinny like a snake, such as a power cord, a belt, a piece of cord or the handle from a bag he freaks out.
The other day my daughters cat was visiting while she was away for the weekend, her cat Lucky is nearly as jumpy as Moses and blind in one eye, he was rescued by the RSPCA from a cruel home. Anyway both cats were play fighting and knocked my hubbys black leather belt off the back of a chair, the belt fell down, Moses jumped and ran, Lucky ran because Moses was running and poor Lucky ran smack into another chair because it was his blind side, meanwhile Lucky stopped behind the chair as he hit it, to turn back and see what it was that Moses had run from and the chair fell backwards on top of him. Luckily for Lucky the chair back is one with a gap in it and the chair settled around him on the floor, still made him jump but at least it didn't hurt him. The whole episode was hilarious, would of been perfect for Funniest Home Videos if I'd of had the camera out.

I feel for your cats...but that is pretty hilarious! I just wanted to share something sweet from my dogs. I was going thru a really bad patch about 3 weeks ago. The usual: nightmares, flashbacks, unrelenting anxiety. One night I woke from a nightmare with the 2 dogs who can get on the bed on either side of me pushing against me hard and whimpering. They are in the 30# (16kilo) range and it felt so good to have that grounding and reassurance. Makes up for all the shoes they've eaten! ;-p

I went to youtube and typed in "boaters rescue deer in Amherstburg." They have some good footage of the efforts. Definitely inspiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back