• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Was it really rape or did we love eachother?

After my ex died when I was 16 (a whole different bag of trauma there), my friends did everything they could to help me

I had a really close friend (R) who helped me during my abusive relationship and his death. I was doing alot of drugs and I got him into smoking and doing psychedelics together.

R and I were inseparable, his parents thought we were dating at one point but we both were in relationships. However, he would express wanting to have sex with me.

I was so high most of the time that I let him touch me. I would say yes. Then back out midway because I remember my gf. He fully raped me my senior year, but i think I said yes to it. I took his virginity that day

I made the mistake of looking at his insta and seeing that he has a gf. I feel kinda jealous. I think we both really loved eachother but we were both kids and on drugs. That was my fault tho i gave him the drugs so i wouldnt be high alone with the thoughts of my dead abusive ex.

Was it really rape or did I just wanta reason for him to be closer to me. Forhim to love me a different way. I keep dreaming about him and its like nothing happened.Im only 20. He raped me when I was 17.

Im sorry if this is all over the place

Welcome to the forum!

A very helpful thread, with useful resources, is this one here.

Sounds like there’s a lot going on for you, and there was already a lot of pain you were having to deal with even before this situation came along. Do you have a therapist helping you process what you’ve been through?

I think it's a bit difficult to say from your description.

If you are high and too intoxicated to consent, then that would be rape.

If you said yes , for healthy or unhealthy reasons, that wouldn't be rape.

If you're not sure you said yes or not, then that is tricky.

Whatever word you want to call it, and I get how important it is to name rape (haven needed that myself: to name it), what matters is how you hold it.
It sounds a very traumatic and confusing time for you.

Do you have a therapist to help work this through?

Welcome to the forum!

A very helpful thread, with useful resources, is this one here.

Sounds like there’s a lot going on for you, and there was already a lot of pain you were having to deal with even before this situation came along. Do you have a therapist helping you process what you’ve been through?

I think it's a bit difficult to say from your description.

If you are high and too intoxicated to consent, then that would be rape.

If you said yes , for healthy or unhealthy reasons, that wouldn't be rape.

If you're not sure you said yes or not, then that is tricky.

Whatever word you want to call it, and I get how important it is to name rape (haven needed that myself: to name it), what matters is how you hold it.
It sounds a very traumatic and confusing time for you.

Do you have a therapist to help work this through?
Yes I do. Ive been trying to come to terms with it in therapy. its hard tho bc i got sexually assaulted and violated in 2 separate occasions after R raped me. I was struggling but im rlly trying now. Thanks for checking in on me and for ur reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Back