• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Feeling Today? Not Thinking, Rather Feeling! Can You Identify Yours?

@Lionheart - I didn't see this until just now. Praying you're feeling better and stronger today.

I have a baby granddaughter whose name is Hope. Isn't that great? After her birth, when I was told her name, my tears flowed. I was holding her in church yesterday morning and became so overwhelmed with emotion I started crying - totally freaked my husband out!

Hope is such an incredible gift we've been blessed with (not the baby, the emotion). Are you confused? 🙃

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

Numb. Dissociation has really been biting my ass. I just don’t have it in me to feel my reality so just numb numb and more numb. Brain is super foggy
That's such a scary place for me, personally.

Are you safe? When I am numb, I am impulsive. I act in self-destructive ways. If I get numb, I check myself into the hospital. I go straight to the ER. I explain that I am unsafe with myself. They keep me until I can go home again.

But I am not everyone. I do not know how it is for you, personally. If you do not know if you are safe (I never really know, and that unsure-ness is enough of a reason), I highly recommend it. Everything is planned out and you don't have to worry about outside stress, because you're not a part of it anymore. You're in a different, safe, environment.
Good luck! I never feel scared when I'm numb, but I know my past history with it. And that past history scares me.

I do not feel anything when I am numb. Colors are more bright. Sometimes, they're more dull. I've learned to recognize what it looks like, because I do not feel it. I am unaffected by everything. I'm sure it's different for every person.

Please be safe. Please be well. You Matter.

I feel frustrated over a situation with my daughter. I am physically in pain in my mid-back. My thoughts are bright and cheerful, but I am a bit overwhelmed Regarding the cancer treatments. I do not know what to expect. Is my hair going to fall out? Is it gonna make me violently ill? Am I gonna regret doing the chemo? Sleepy. Going on to bed. Nite.

Are you safe? When I am numb, I am impulsive. I act in self-destructive ways. If I get numb, I check myself into the hospital. I go straight to the ER. I explain that I am unsafe with myself. They keep me until I can go home again.
I am safe I am currently still in hospital. Things have gotten really dark. Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s nice to not feel like a complete crazy person, to no feel completely alone.
I do not feel anything when I am numb. Colors are more bright. Sometimes, they're more dull. I've learned to recognize what it looks like, because I do not feel it. I am unaffected by everything. I'm sure it's different for every person
I get quite similar than this. One I was standing on sand and I swear I could see every little granule of sand. Another time, I was laying on grass, and there was a shard of grass, and it was towering over me, this piece of grass was the only thing I could see. Gets super trippy. I’m glad you have a plan for when you feel like this.

Back