• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Are You Grateful For Today?

For the help wanted sign I randomly saw placed near the grocery store today. It was for a potential job for my nephew. Sent him the digits. He called and he starts work on Monday. May it work out however it needs to and help him grow into a more comfortable existence amid the chaos and uncertainty.

The five gallon bucket, and then some, full of green beans that we planted, grew, harvested, snapped, cleaned, blanched, and froze. It's a labor of love that sometimes makes me question our sanity, especially on these 100+ degree days, but as long as we're able and nature cooperates, we're gonna keep at it.

Surviving the day.
Help.

I did a big booboo- deleted all my texts, including one of my sister's texts. :cry: But I thought, I deleted happy and crappy ones. Most not kept intentionally, just hadn't cleared them, but some I wished hadn't disappeared. I might be able to ask for one or 2 from others, but not really what was spontaneous and in the moment. I tried to restore and think I ditched them all. :(
So I thought, crappy should go- to forgive and forgive myself, and start anew; and happy I have lived, the record 'should' remain in my mind and heart. So I wished I hadn't, but I'm thankful for that thought, or realization. It should leave an impression, not one I can only remember if it's there to re-read, or remember to re-read. I guess it's like saying, if I lost my sense of sight, would I still see in my mind's eye? And/ or hearing, could I still hear what I read or heard? More importantly, can I forget totally what is crappy, and trust what is happy, from within. Trust is much wider, whereas words are within a moment, and mean a lot. But are cumulative.

Last edited:
Today felt like a gift receiving festival! Though it was things we had bought ourselves. A beautiful second hand harness for one of the ponies- soft brown leather with brass fittings, Then a bit for the same set ( apple flavoured no less) and then for me a little bed side table organiser . Dh was expecting a phone but they failed to deliver so it will be another exciting day tomorrow!

Back