• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What did you do for fun today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planted more salad greens, then spent time visiting, watering, and talking to the carrots, kale, beets, radishes, dandelions, onions, peppermint, peas, broccoli, collards, sunflowers, and brussel sprouts. Quite a lively bunch, they are, full of life and growth potential. Something to aspire to as I dig out of my depressive ditch(es).

I thought I'd bump this baby up...
I keep thinking about this...

...I think, when I can finally find my own particular brand of hedonism, again? Life will be alright. I miss the joy, the revelry. In everyday little things, in star spangled amazing things.

I had a RULE. All caps. For so very long... Do Something Fun. Every. Day.

Been f*cking years, now.

If anything bridges the gap between symptomatic as hell, and kicking-ass-taking-names, virtually asymptomatic? It’s exactly this; What did you do that’s fun, today?

I am buying a 1920's gas burning plumbers torch, like the ones you see in all the three stooges movies. It will be a prop in the background for my zoom meetings. Looking for easily recognizable implements of humor on craigslist. Rubber chicken?

for my next trick, I shall set myself a-fire!

Hm...I like @Friday's idea about doing something fun every day. Is that the same thing as doing something for me? No, probably not. Although it could be. So far nothing fun today. I did attend a webinar about freelance work, but that was definitely not fun.

@enough, did everyone enjoy the rubber chicken and torch? Have you added anything else to your "set"? ?

There wasn't much fun to be had here today but I made the most of it. Would I call it fun? No. But it was still enjoyable.

I took my morning walk.
Cleaned out my flower beds.
Cooked a good meal.
J and I popped popcorn and watched a movie.

@Friday, J and I have been talking about some time in the not so distant future, if all the stars align just right & the world hasn't imploded. We might, maybe, could eeeeeventually possibly buy a place on one of the canals near us. I'm not gonna lie. I have been having a ball looking at all of the possibilities out there. So much fun.

@LuckiLee I searched for a prop gun with a flag that comes out that says "bang" but no luck- yes, the rubber chicken has been noticed and the torch is also a subject of conversation. One member of our group has hung all of her paintings upside down, one per day, and another got a big chrome microphone like a sports reporter, bad plaid sport coat and all. We miss making each other laugh, it has always been a way to stay awake, even more important now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back