• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What small thing/s did you do today to chip away at your avoidance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mumstheword

You can study driving textbooks, traffic laws & rules, mechanics & car stuff, and youtube instructionals, in all the meantime tho ;)

And then amaze your driving instructor by aaall the stuff you got the gist of already, only need to see if it works in practice too :sneaky:

I invited a neighbor in for a bit, as he had brought me a gift, a candle. He liked my apartment, even though it is kind of a mess. We finally agreed that it just looks lived in. I rarely invite folks in, but I am glad I did.

I had made a decision to call some folks to cheer them up. I finally called a close friend and she cheered me up instead, but then I got her laughing, so all is well that ends well.

I'm pushing through like my therapist says. Doing the hard things that I have a tendency to turn over and over in my head rendering me motionless. I just took a step and will take the next without future tripping. I did it with help form you guys so thank you.

I have been for months putting off emptying 6 gallons of stored tap water and put in their place 6 sealed bottles of distilled water. Gallons of water weigh 8.5 pounds each. I got out of breath and had to rest in the middle of all this.

I told myself I just have to do this, that it is important and could one day save my life.

I went outside and did some gardening.
I checked an email account.
I changed a password and fixed up an account.
I prepared for and attended an online meeting.
I cleaned out the chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back