• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Wish I could go back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gentleman James

Having worked every day since I was eighteen years old has taken it's toll on me now that I am unable to work!

My therapist has suggested I take up writing and graphic design again, like I used to when I was a teenager, my late father taught me to draw when I smashed my left hand in a fight at Comprehensive School, ( twat shouldn't have slapped my then girlfriend!!!) (Especially when I was stood behind him. !)

Hoping to finally get back to work soon.

Thank-you for your support.

James

Yes, when work has been such a big part of life and then vanishes, it leaves a gaping hole. Too much room for thoughts to get in.
Writing and art sound like good ways to express those thoughts. I find it helpful to crystallise the things revolving in my head, and sometimes to see the logical gaps where I'm reacting from symptoms and history.

I miss being good at something too. I was much better at doing my job than I am at this recovery business.

I take up writing and graphic design again, like I used to when I was a teenager,

Excellent idea @Gentleman James - you may find it is quite therapeutic and your healing gives you something to write and draw about. I hope it gives you a sense of purpose, release and relaxation.

I also hope you can return to your work again soon... but you never know you may find this talent of yours leads to another type of work. Wouldn't that be great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back