• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Worldwide impact of the novel coronavirus (covid-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't expecting that kind of stuff at a MEDICAL CLINIC!
I didn't know you lived in my town! My town is having an unmask rally today. I'm going to deal with the shit in the chicken coops instead. I saw my next door neighbors leaving early to set it up since they are the ringleaders. My dog was barking "mask, mask, mask" as they were driving off.

All posts relating to the sheriff being hospitalized have been removed from Facebook. He says he will disclose his illness at a later date. The whole sheriff's office is closed since everyone is on "vacation" at the same time. Why keep pushing the no vaccines, no masks when you are infected?

that the person who drew her blood was telling her
A phlebotomy certification takes 3 months. With no pre-reqs.

Ditto CNA (certified nurses assistant) & EMT.

All 3 are jobs nursing students FLOOD whilst working through their 2 years of pre-reqs (biology, microbiology, chemistry, organic chemistry, anatomy & physiology, nutrition, psych 204 - lifespan & development, medical statistics, & logic… if I’m not forgetting any???), and lag year (because your pre-reqs have to be done before you can apply to nursing school in most places, whether you’re going for your RN or BSRN, and you’re applying for the following year = a lag year), and then often continue to work part time during nursing school.

What with the massive healthcare worker shortage from Covid? Instead of ONLY hiring candidates who are pursing higher degrees in health sciences… formerly fantastic clinics are literally hiring people who got their certification through Goodwill (yes, that’s a thing, but it usually limits one to working free clinics, & McCraptastic state programs, and elderly assisted living)… with not only no higher education in the sciences, much less health sciences… but no higher education whatsoever, and often no highschool diploma.

A total lack of education doesn’t make people dumb. It just makes people ignorant. And a helluva LOT of ignorant people have flooded into healthcare over the past year and a half.

So, had to call my dad for something and I guess his trip to HI with my sister (who is a nurse) was delayed a month because she has to be tested for Covid and has to quarantine for a month because she has not been vaccinated and won't get the vaccine. She's a nurse! Ugh! And he refuses to wear a mask because he was vaccinated and thinks it makes him 99.9999% immune to Covid. Even the Delta variant. And I was asking him to get the booster at least if he isn't going to wear a mask. He said that he has to go to the VA on Thurs and he thinks that's what it's for. He is 80 and had his vaccine around mid Feb so it's definitely 6 months ago therefore time for the booster. My sister is trying to convince him to not get the booster and I'm over here trying to convince him that it will give him more immunity to it. Especially since he isn't wearing a mask and is technically elderly. He said "you are trying to convince me to get it and she is trying to convince me to not get it. I'll just do what the VA tells me to do". Hopefully they tell him that the booster will be a good thing and give him more immunity to it. But there is another nurse who is refusing to get the vaccine and I don't think she's wearing a mask either. And is with our elderly father most definitely maskless. This isn't hard people. I find these vaccine refusers ignorant and frustrating. Especially if they are in the same house as my elderly father without a mask! And most especially as a nurse treating patients! It should be mandatory for Healthcare providers to get the vaccine and to wear a mask. Don't want the vaccine? Then you can take leave or find another job or something. Like, this is so frustrating for me. And worrying.

It just makes people ignorant.
Yes, and sadly if they don't understand something some will make it up. The best answer I learned in nursing school? "I don't know, I'll find out." One of those read my MRI report to me, several levels were surgical but the last level was fine. It actually said L-5 had no abnormalities, and she told me the whole MRI had no abnormalities.

Not sure where to post this. But I am suddenly feeling very hopeless and sad about COVID.
I have been hanging on and hanging on but now the idea that even vaccines won’t be enough to get us out of this and we might be in this for another year is making me feel really hopeless and stuck. Whenever I feel really stuck, I just feel like I cannot breathe and everything feels hopeless. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when this is over. It’s like I just can’t hold on anymore. I am just so tired of this being my (our) life for two years or more who knows. The other thing is that I feel alone in this feelings. It doesn’t seem like people around me are having the same reaction. And not sure why this is happening to me all of a sudden. It’s like I was holding on and as soon as we “reopened” briefly that’s how far my coping went and now I just can’t anymore. I can’t even talk / or even type about this without starting to randomly cry. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know where to find the coping energy I had when I made it to the end of June or so when things reopened in here.

Not sure where to post this. But I am suddenly feeling very hopeless and sad about COVID.
I have been hanging on and hanging on but now the idea that even vaccines won’t be enough to get us out of this and we might be in this for another year is making me feel really hopeless and stuck. Whenever I feel really stuck, I just feel like I cannot breathe and everything feels hopeless. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when this is over. It’s like I just can’t hold on anymore. I am just so tired of this being my (our) life for two years or more who knows. The other thing is that I feel alone in this feelings. It doesn’t seem like people around me are having the same reaction. And not sure why this is happening to me all of a sudden. It’s like I was holding on and as soon as we “reopened” briefly that’s how far my coping went and now I just can’t anymore. I can’t even talk / or even type about this without starting to randomly cry. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know where to find the coping energy I had when I made it to the end of June or so when things reopened in here.
Totally not alone and I'm sure many others feel the same way!

I just take it day by day focusing solely on my job. Do you have something to take your mind off it? That helps sooooo much! But with you in this defeated type feeling! 🫂

Thank you so much @lostforgottensoul
I don’t know what happening. As long as there was hope I kept going even when things were worse and couldn’t even see family or go to work. But now that things are kind of getting better I don’t have any more gas left in the tank so as to speak.
I guess I have to forget about those few weeks where things seemed normal and just go back to living a day at a time and not expecting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back