Altering my core belief of being totally bad & unworthy no matter; corrosive self doubt

fern

Confident
Recognize, acknowledge, investigate, nurture.. I will try to remember this. Sounds very helpful.
I wonder if my ruminations are also possibly OCD thinking. How do you deal with your rumination/obsessive thoughts?
I recognize and affirm your practice of intentional kindness toward yourself while you navigate these emotional difficulties. It takes a lot of perseverance.

ms spock

Sponsor
Recognize, acknowledge, investigate, nurture.. I will try to remember this. Sounds very helpful.
I just did it whilst gardening to stop the obsessive thinking.

I wonder if my ruminations are also possibly OCD thinking.
I have only known for a week or two so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

How do you deal with your rumination/obsessive thoughts?
Lately listening to David Burns' podcasts one after another.

Listening to someone's rational thinking - news shows that going methodically through each issue and breaking them down.

Blocking them out with binge TV watching.

Don't try not to think the thoughts - they become stronger.

Disputing them.

Reading a book.

Doing guided meditations.

I have been thinking of rereading the David Burns' book for 1-2-3 years? The first time I read it, it really helped a lot.

Bringing myself back to the present.

Comfort eating - which I am working on stopping.

I have the David Burns' book on audio tape now so I will listen to that on my phone whilst gardening.

I recognize and affirm your practice of intentional kindness toward yourself while you navigate these emotional difficulties. It takes a lot of perseverance.
It does. Thanks.