• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Alternative layout trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Font got bigger. I keep thinking it is zoomed in. Font reading I mean. Font typing I see no difference. Not bad. Not on my android phone using the stock browser I should say. Not sure what it would be in firefox or chrome. I don't see an issue with font. Not really either way. But, that may have been a desktop issue. I don't use the site off my phone.

As in the catigories, it was confusing at first. And I am one that does not take change well. But, I took some time where I was calm, not in need of support, and had some time carved out and just went through each catigory and read the first 5 or so titles and saw how each did fit in those carigories and did that a few times, every new catigory and it really helped me both being able to browse and find things and knowing what would go where. And, of course, if I am all in a jumbled head space it will go in general as it did in discussions before and I just let the mods move it. No big deal.

So, not sure that will help anyone but thats what I did that helped me. And, in the end, I like it better. It seems much more focused to me. More detailed. But, that's just me. All milage will vary.

@anthony, country flag moved? I can see it if I go sideways (landscape) on my phone but I rarely do that due to how spread out the keyboard is. Any reason for that? Knowing where a person is from really helps. I know I can get that info if I go sideways but it is a ton easier to just glance up and see that as I am typing rather then stop typing, go sideways, go back and start typing again.

Only thing I saw that impacts me diectly. The font being bigger is fine. It fits. Seems a bit bigger then needed but its whatever. I haven't really seen much more change other then the catigories of course.

I still miss avitars a bit but I've been using the color donation banner as a way to ID a person inside a thread. Not having it forces me to look at their user name, which is fine, but if I need to ID a few people in a thread, the color donoation banner has been helping me do so.

@lostforgottensoul - the country flag moved with the shift of the white space @anthony referenced.

I want to see how people feel about getting rid of all that blank white space under the left aligned version of the users avatar and details on posts... especially where most posts are long. The width has been reduced by 80px too.
See if you can adjust to accommodate.
Let it sit and see how you feel after a week or so, whether it is easier or not?
Give it time.

@Bearlinda - the issue has been reported. It does not seem to affect all users.

Clear browser cookies and cache, quit browser, and try logging in again. If that does not work, please open a help ticket. Include browser, device, and OS - screenshot too if you can.

Thanks @joeylittle! The font just went way big. I don't know if its me or if it just got bigger. Its like "whoa" big. It maybe just that ive been away from it for a while too. I have no idea why we would need such big font, though, when folks can zoom in if needed.

I like the way it is now. Of course I am on a desk top, not sure what it looks like on a mobile
It looks exactly like a desktop, except the user stats in the top right are removed on mobiles and the footer post options are contained in a single dropdown menu. That was another aspect of aligning the look, considering our majority user base is mobile, and the change isn't much really. Just moving user info from the left to the top, which removes a lot of unused white space on long posts for desktop / tablet users.

Like @joeylittle said, when in doubt, use "general" which is specifically a catch-all, where staff will move content appropriately. Otherwise, think of the new ones like this:
  • Avoidance - is my new thread about avoiding something? I don't want to do it? I don't want to participate?
  • Core beliefs / cognitive distortions - I am filled with shame, guilt, self-blame... I do this behaviour, yet know its not normal... and, is this about a negative thinking / thought pattern or behaviour I have?
  • Dysregulation - I am pretty much out of contrt now emotionally and can't ground or other.
The criterion of PTSD and CPTSD is simpler than you think. I avoid x, I believe or do y (which I know is not normal), I can't control my emotion/s right now and z happens.
I am not a generalist, I try to be as specific as possible even in shy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back