Chat, check-in, and hang out

Deanna

MyPTSD Pro
had to practice quitting a few times before it actually stuck
I had to get sick of getting/smoking cigerettes too. I was smoking cigs and wasn't getting anything out of them and realized they never did much for me in the first place Then, to purchase them... I went to a completely different state to get them ( it was close and they were cheaper) and i was tired if making that run too. So.. I was literally sick of the whole cigerette 🚬 life. Plus, they are expensive! I couldn't afford them now. They are seven bucks a pack here! But the day that ended it for me is I sat out on my patio Saturday from sun-up to sun-down smoking and did the same thing Sunday. Smoked one right after the other. Stupid, dumb I thought. Plus, I wasted my whole weekend.

Invisible Fire

MyPTSD Pro
@Changing4Best that stinks about the lemonade tasting like mold. Frustrating i'm sure. I'm glad you have the day off work

@Deanna I can relate to that. It was a process.

@Rani G2 I'm doing ok. Getting ready for the next snow storm. Was able to go for a long walk in the snow over the weekend. I misjudged the distance and even though it was only about 2 and half miles it was a good workout. The trail I followed on the way back to my car had not been walked on yet so I was able to break through over a foot of untouched snow. Very soothing in a odd way.

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
Re: quitting smoking. I tried three times before I succeeded. Most of my friends and my sister as well as my husband were smokers. Everywhere I went, I smelled it. What finally helped me was that I was doing a health program and I got nauseated whenever I smelled it. I guess something I was consuming for health was interacting poorly with the smell of the cigs. I don't know what it was, though. Sorry. All I know is that I'm now in my sixties and have not had a cigarette since I was 23.

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
Hello chat world 🌎. Have to pick up a prescription later (hopefully) yesterday they hadn't received it. Also changing my diet. Have already cut out alot of sugar. Feeling a bit edgy with these anti psychotics, there not strong enough. Need to increase the dose.

Hello @Survivor3 - interesting you cutting out sugar. I cut sugar and most carbs out since the middle of last year.

I've lost almost all of the weight I wanna now so considering how to do a 'maintenance' diet. Don't want to add sugar back in but certainly will add a few more grams of carbs. Keto? Low Carb and regular exercise (swimming). :)

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
Hello @Survivor3 - interesting you cutting out sugar. I cut sugar and most carbs out since the middle of last year.

I've lost almost all of the weight I wanna now so considering how to do a 'maintenance' diet. Don't want to add sugar back in but certainly will add a few more grams of carbs. Keto? Low Carb and regular exercise (swimming). :)
Hiya @blackemerald1 ive just been diagnosed with Diabetes. 😕

He did it with an extremely low carb diet. It's fairly well documented that type II can be successfully pushed into remission with some drastic dietary measures (at least initially).