• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID Communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My therapist helped me realize I was phobic of my parts when we started doing dissociative table work. I didn’t have good communication but it started to come over time as I started talking to them. I think I talked to them every day for a few weeks before I got a response. It helped to tell the littles that we were going to watch a cartoon together and then sit down and watch the whole show even when I didn’t feel them. After doing that, my 8 year old happily reported to my therapist that I was letting her watch tv even though she hadn’t let me know that she was watching. As I did things for them they started to learn that I didn’t hate them and started to slowly come out more. My therapist suggested buying my favorite childhood foods for them and they liked that idea too. It gets easier and even though it feels like you’re talking to nobody, they are listening and it is healing for them! ?

My favorite foods-strawberry popsicles (25 cal), mac and cheese, fried chicken. Yep, food is really a pleaser, as is G rated shows. I went to a concert and invited my parts to listen, went to the movie and did the same, and worked with clay, paints, and pastels....all very helpful.

My therapist helped me realize I was phobic of my parts when we started doing dissociative table work. I didn’t have good communication but it started to come over time as I started talking to them. I think I talked to them every day for a few weeks before I got a response. It helped to tell the littles that we were going to watch a cartoon together and then sit down and watch the whole show even when I didn’t feel them. After doing that, my 8 year old happily reported to my therapist that I was letting her watch tv even though she hadn’t let me know that she was watching. As I did things for them they started to learn that I didn’t hate them and started to slowly come out more. My therapist suggested buying my favorite childhood foods for them and they liked that idea too. It gets easier and even though it feels like you’re talking to nobody, they are listening and it is healing for them! ?

What's table work?

What's table work?
It’s a way to invite all your parts to have communication with you. My therapist used some pre-hypnosis techniques to help me be able to go there. If you google Dissociative Table Work I think there are some articles on it that can explain it better than I can. The first time we did it all I was able to see was 6 sets of eyes watching me from the shadows of the room. They took a few sessions to come in and join the conversation. It’s kinda like holding a conference meeting with your parts but the therapist helps guide it.

It’s a way to invite all your parts to have communication with you. My therapist used some pre-hypnosis techniques to help me be able to go there. If you google Dissociative Table Work I think there are some articles on it that can explain it better than I can. The first time we did it all I was able to see was 6 sets of eyes watching me from the shadows of the room. They took a few sessions to come in and join the conversation. It’s kinda like holding a conference meeting with your parts but the therapist helps guide it.

@Sharon7788 Yes, a conference....a parts meet-up (LOL)....I do journey work and call them to my safe place with self-hypnosis but I'm not all about therapist guided head trips or journeying. I don't want any "spill over" from their thoughts to mine. It can happen...and I believe even sometimes quite innocently.

I self direct where I'm journeying, always to a safe place or with a compassionate spirit guide/power animal and in this way, my parts have a conversation or give input....I always set my own intent and that seems to work well.....but I have called my parts several times to meet to discuss a problem, prepare for a loss-to say good-bye, had a party once, or get consensus on an issue and get direction based on input. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back