• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Confusing Evil with Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohmygosh

New Here
What are we really struggling with?

Control.
1: Being manipulated? What can you do in this situation right now?

2: Manipulating others and not understanding why that's wrong? Explain why you understand that you're doing this to you circle. Offer an idea of what would be an appriopriate change. Share a story.

3: Working on calming and caring for self- and then you find friends who are really shitty and in all of these categories - uh-yes. Yes. this is me tonight. If you've been working on caring for yourself and that is making you see relationships differently... please share.

4: Having issues out of our control? If your situation is really making your "brain" change and you are young and have no one to talk to... Write it out. Document it so you don't lose yourself. You are not likely to call the authorities if you are young and not sure. The things that bring strife into the home and into the heart - at the level caring-rational people see abuse - it's not really on you. Not your fault and it will most certainly make you want to go with it, or decide other to choose to see life in a skewed way to get through it. As a child- but also reporting it makes other problems.
Keep a journal and write here.

4: Advise for suffering people. What works. Strength to report it without self-harm. I was told 7 years later that I missed the statute of limitations to report this issue. Advise to to avoid issues. Real stuff - for real victims - please. Please do not convulute stories. People here need help.

5: This one is personal. But BE POSITIVE PLEASE. Please do not give anecdotal answers. What happens to young men or girls who are stuck in family abuse?
Clearly, there is a family feeling, but it's one that is hurting them. Where to turn... really?

That goes on for years for some people who cannot speak-or talk about current abuse. MANY OF THE OLDER PEOPLE HERE KNOW THIS. We also know it was just not like it happened over night, which makes it weird and hard to discern from OK.

Asking for help and not finding it.
Branching-out to get back-into life... but not finding hope in new adventures and friends.
When to help?
When to pull back?
Self preservation?
Sharing what I've learned? Is it worth it! NO!!!

This website is like dynamite-hurtful for a lot of us here. WE DON'T NEED MORE BADNESS. WE NEED CARE AND FORWARD THINKING. We are here because we either care and got hurt, or have empathy-lack and that's a thing that others can expound upon... I don't have that side.

I know that we are not the first society in the human existence to be self-centered.

PEOPLE!!!

WE HAVE ENOUGH OF STRUGGLES AND STRANGE. AREN'T WE ALL HURTING BY BADNESS?

I WANT TO SEE STORIES AND LOGICAL HELP FOR PEOPLE STRUGGLING.

GOODNESS.

I see you're clearly well intentioned, and want to help struggling people. Kudos on that.

But I'm not sure telling a community you are a newcomer to they're toxic / like a dynamite, gives the best first impression, or makes people likely to sympathize with your cause, whatever it may be.

Try again.

I would definitely line up some therapy soon if you haven’t already. . . This site may not be good for you personally and that’s okay. Different things work for different people. Do people get in arguments or disagreements on here and get triggered and such? Absolutely, but that’s no different than life itself and it’s personal responsibility to try to work through them.

What would you like to get out of this site?

This website is like dynamite-hurtful for a lot of us here. WE DON'T NEED MORE BADNESS. WE NEED CARE AND FORWARD THINKING. We are here because we either care and got hurt, or have empathy-lack and that's a thing that others can expound upon... I don't have that side.

I know that we are not the first society in the human existence to be self-centered.

PEOPLE!!!

WE HAVE ENOUGH OF STRUGGLES AND STRANGE. AREN'T WE ALL HURTING BY BADNESS?

I WANT TO SEE STORIES AND LOGICAL HELP FOR PEOPLE STRUGGLING.

GOODNESS.

There is this nice little “X” in your upper right corner of the computer screen when you don’t like something. You have the free will to click it at anytime.

Honestly your questions looked like those one would have for a class that they themselves did not take time to read the book. Everyone here is in a different part of their journey with this monster. Life isn’t all lollipops and rainbows if that’s what you are looking for turn on the Disney channel.

This is where others including myself seek out information. It’s actually a place that’s loaded with information if you only read and understand the context the other person is speaking from. Such as I can not even begin to comprehend PTSD from sexual assault so I try not to comment about it like I understand it. Yes I can sympathize with the person and offer support but won’t pretend to know what they go through daily. Just as I do not expect the same person to know what being in multiple firefights is like and the survivors guilt about those that do not come back home. Each person is changed with trauma and neurological pathways do become damaged in the brain that’s a fact.

Take the time to read the stories here and ask questions but do not belittle people. Regardless of whether you agree with the person or not everyone’s story is different. Assuming that everyone here is toxic is not only highly illogical but definitely will not lead others to offer help to you.

As @Ronin said TRY AGAIN.

Hi guys and ladies. I am struggling. Wrote this because it is just so hard to digest for me. My own stuff.

I just needed to write something... An escape. Sorry for offending.

I. I. I.

I need to get better at being able to trust and learn... And distance my feelings and adrenal response and not get overwhelmed .

Detachment... Making myself want a life that I want and not able to have... Read what other people have going on. Missing out on what your feelings and alienating your feelings and sharing openly because it's hard.

Yep. I'm seeing that I am doing this.

Sorry.

Yep. I'm seeing that I am doing this.
Sometimes we need to put the stuff out there, in order to see it more clearly. The important part is the self-awareness, and not being afraid to look at ourselves. At how we react when things are feeling really bad, and to think about how to react differently.

You've done that here, and that's something to be proud of yourself for. :tup:
because it's hard.
Yes, it truly is. And it takes time.

@Ohmygosh Nah, not offending :)

Some times just Oops needing clarification happen, it's all good.

Glad you got out whatever needed get out and are talking and are looking for how to get support in hard times, better.

Sometimes it takes the feedback from others here to show me that my version of what I'm thinking is way off. It's what makes this place so great. It's a group that is pretty hard to offend, but that doesn't mean they won't point out what's gone south with my reasoning or call me out of I have totally put my foot in my mouth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back