• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Current Weather

getting colder but hey, its winter! The worst of this storm for us is going to be ice accumulation on trees and power lines, but we had an ice storm two years back so most of the trees are pre-disastered and the smart money is on minimal impact and over by saturday AM in our corner of the US.
Not as lucky in the Midwest. Wow.

We’re getting a storm for Christmas weekend. Maybe lake effect snow for the outer cape and the islands and Costal flood warnings here. I haven’t paid attention yet because it hasn’t really been winter yet. It started officially yesterday.

I’m only grateful for rain in 3 specific circumstance :

- Riding out of the desert
- During a wildfire
- After an ice storm

Today is one of those days. 😎

☔️ ⛈ ☔️ ⛈ ☔️ ⛈ ☔
I’m SINGING in the rain!
☔️ ⛈ ☔️ ⛈ ☔️ ⛈ ☔

@Friday With you! just for fun i am googling local temps in towns to my south and watching the temps climb dramatically, like extremely fast. i am at freezing here on the ground but getting rain that is melting the ice so it has to be warmer just over our heads like if i threw a thermometer as high as i could it would read warmer when i caught it.

Windchills are still below zero.
On one of the bases I was stationed at …Rather than calling in for the met report one day, I walked my happy ass over to their building (GREAT coffee, as they were just back from Cuba 💗 ).

So I just so happened to be there when they got a call in from someone wanting to know what the current temp was with an 80mph windchill.

WTFO? O.o

Her husband had just stumbled in all blue and mumbly and hypothermic, and she was trying to figure out if he was just being a big baby she could defrost at home, or if she should call the medics.

Yep.

Not the best idea to be riding a motorcycle, even on beautiful dry roads, when it’s already below Zero out! 🤣

The kind of roaring east coast rain that means I can sit outside on the deck, curled up in a sleeping bag, with my tablet and watch a film… and not have to wear earphones. Even shouting can’t be heard more than a few feet away.

Rain. Rain. And more rain. And fog.
37F. I'm not complaining because it could be much worse.
Pictures of our lake and fog yesterday.

Attachments

• 20230104_150843.jpg
    20230104_150843.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230104_150926.jpg
    20230104_150926.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 20230104_150935.jpg
    20230104_150935.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230104_150940.jpg
    20230104_150940.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
@LuckiLee You came to visit and didn’t TELL me?!? 😲

JK 😉

I LOVE the horrible grey, getting off of an airplane, but it’s shit to live in 10mo a year. GREAT to visit! But seriously. Never live anywhere where that’s “normal”.

Back