• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have a comfort food/song/hobby/etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my good days I cook. I love going out and getting the best ingredients to create something wonderful for my wife to eat.

Music wise, pretty eclectic. I avoid any songs that can make me remember happier pre trauma times when I'm having a bad day.

Hobbies are something I'm working on. I've avoided for so long I'm sort of starting to get to know what I like again. Lately I've been doing these paint by numbers paintings from amazon. I've never been very good at art and painting so it's nice and easy, it grounds me really well and I can spend hours doing it. I'd like to get back into fitness again, I guess now it's spring time I should dust off my gym clothes.

'Tis the season for fresh vine ripened fruit (and an abundance of greens and veggies) and it brings a whole lot of comfort to my days by growing in my own backyard making break-fast, meals, and snacks as easy as a morning stroll, by hydrating me rather than continually making it necessary to shift fluids from one bodily space to break down my choices in another, and by allowing me a front row seat and an active role being fully involved in the entire process of how what I'm fueling my body with makes it to my table, if it even makes it that far. lol

It's also exhausting, labor intensive, frustrating at times, hurts like hell if I do more than my body can handle, and is simply not doable some days...(if the hubby wasn't here to help and often take the lead, there'd be much much less abundance, for sure)...but most of the other days, it's magical, fascinating, entertaining, gives me purpose, brings comfort to my taste buds, restores my child-like wonder, gives me more chances to connect with the earth and all the healing that's readily available, reminds me that I don't have to rush my own healing to still be able to grow, and allows me to share the abundance with others many months out of a year.

May we all find our most comfortable comfort zones where growth is nurtured in very real, loving, and kind ways. In today's twisted times our nervous systems sure can use all the help they can get.

Upset. Pea or chicken soup. Hot microwaved beanbags. Weighted blankets. Furry blanket, especially under it. Embarrassingly childrens programs/films.
Happy? :/ Potentially extremely recently talking to others. Binge watching subtitled crime programmes.
Research for both. Yes I know. Its sad. Interestingly I do this a fraction as often as have become healthier. Have become more ignorant. I fairly often don't even care about the "facts". :confused::meh:

My all time favorite comfort food is homemade macaroni and cheese. I used to like the boxed variety until I discovered I had allergies to the coloring. So now I make my own and my husband raves about it. I use cream cheese and three kinds of cheddar cheese sans the coloring along with Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. And the noodles are high protein.

season for fresh vine ripened frui
Love that stuff. Anything we have left the chickens get then it goes to the compost pile, we use that to grow stuff etc.

Pea or chicken soup
I love pea soup!! My son is life-threateningly allergic to peas. I went to visit my mom, and made pea soup for the first time in years and it was so good!!

homemade macaroni and cheese
Love this too! I make it homemade too and add tomatoes to my portion. Yum!

My favorite comfort food is chicken stew with dumplings. I make it a lot in winter, which is probably why I gain weight every winter, lol.
My favorite relaxation is video games, namely Fallout 4. Or gardening. It used to be shopping, thank goodness it's not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back