• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have a comfort food/song/hobby/etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comfort food has always been potatoes. I grow them every year and I love them boiled with salt or mashed, or any way you can think of. I have a playlist for every occasion. My pre-therapy playlist consists of Lifehouse and Skillet, my post therapy is 80s music, my sad playlist is silence, and my feel good is Jonathan Antoine, soon to become the world's leading tenor, Simple Gifts by Yoyo Ma, The Peaceable Kingdom by Randal Thompson and more Skillet, Lifehouse, and some peppy pop tunes for when I don't want to think.

My favorite hobby is raising chickens, and soon mastiffs. Also gardening. When I need alone time I draw with my pencils, or just color. I upcycle stuff I get for free. Lots of fun stuff.

I garden. And train my dogs. Occasionally I breed, which is incredibly rewarding, but very hard work. I was a muso in a past life but really been struggling to listen to music for the last 12 - 18 months. Just need quiet. I also used to cook a lot but that’s been hard with my injuries plus I’ve not been all that hungry. Trying to get my mojo back...planting salad vegetables to help with that garden - cooking - eating connection.

Yikes at the sweat socks flavor, @ladee and @MrMoonlight . Hahahaha! Not sure I have a point of reference for that one. lol

After 4 decades of drinking test tube chemicals made to taste like "natural" flavors, consuming puss, blood, and mucus from cows teats, roasting beans that likely molded at some point in storage/transport, and tossing back the artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors that were clogging my systems up while steadily crippling my brain, ginger was pretty easy to get acclimated to, but only after I made myself too sick to actually enjoy any of what I used to love. Dammit.

I find the ginger infusion more appealing after letting it set for hours....it gets stronger and has much more flavor and heat, if you like that kind of thing. I often brew mine before bed and let it set 'til morning.

I used to add local honey or date syrup to my various teas and herbal blends until my taste buds adjusted after weaning off the more harmful super sweet things.

As always, it's an ongoing gradual process where the learning never ends. Cheers to whatever's in your cup! May it genuinely hydrate your beautiful cell-ph(s).

Comfort food would have to be caprese salad or pasta with pesto.

Love music, but Van Morrison’s album ‘Astral Weeks’ is one I’ve listened to since the 70s. When I was is early sobriety I bundled listening to his album ‘Enlightenment’ I share a curiosity of spirituality with him.

Hobby I have many skills but if I have free time, I’m playing guitar. I have been a fingerstyle guitarist since a teenager, but I’ve developed an interest in bluegrass. So I’m learning flat picking. My fingers are getting really strong!!

And gardening. I used to grow all my own food but now I’m in a condo, so I’m down to container plants which is fun. I still grow massive amounts of basil to feed my pesto passion. And I get organic pickling cukes at the farmers market to make my famous garlic-ginger pickles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just kidding around a bit but tomorrow morning I'll add more honey and less lemon. I'm willing to see what happens after a week or so trial. Thanks so much for posting about nausea and ginger tea, making it was a welcomed distraction today and will probably help like you said.

I love those imitation crab seafood sticks with butter and salt after a good 5 minute nuke. I'm sure I'm just eating the stuff they skim off the top after some sort of a boil at a cannery but hey I love em.

I'm a huge Rammstein fan as well as a few Finnish folk groups.

Hobbies are playing the concertina and didgeridoo. Reading on cold days but I want to get into Nordic walking as well.

I like to drink beer when I'm upset.

When I'm in a good mood I like to have beer with friends )

Can't tell anything definite about songs. I never noticed that my preferences change when I'm having bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back