• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you talk to yourself and others in your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for me this is my 'feeling misunderstood' enactment. I was constantly trying to justify, explain, talk through, make sense of in my head.

I saw a video on consciousness not that long ago that helped me compartmentalize it. It was seriously exhausting me!

I recognize that when I speak out loud or mutter out loud, it is because I am thinking about something I felt I had made a mistake about. Like I said the wrong thing and I was trying to correct it when I thought of it. I have since done a bunch of work on recognizing when I speak out and catching the thought just before. Then allowing myself to have made that mistake. I then put it in a gift box (visualize), and hand it to the person I thought I made the mistake with.

If I catch myself explaining shit to some person in my mind, I create a picture of myself and the person I am explaining to out of my head and to the right side of myself. I picture myself talking to the person (no details in this picture) and visualize that they accept what I am saying. Surprisingly, this has changed my inner landscape immeasurably.

I feel like the voices represented the conflicting thoughts I had, whether that be due to parts inside of me that were in conflict or if I was in conflict with another person that caused an endless dialog that never was resolved. Visualizing it outside of myself allowed me to process these conflicts properly. While inside my head there seemed to be no resolution and the thoughts just kept bouncing around. When outside of my head and planning a positive resolution seemed to ease the conflict.

Surprisingly I am more focused these days than ever when someone catches me off guard. Pretty sure these strategies of clearing my head have really helped with this.

J talks to himself all the time. I'm constantly asking "what did you say"? And he always says he's talking to himself. He even responds to the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back