• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Grief and Major Depressive Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have access to anything that can help with your insomnia?

Only trazadone which doesn't work very well for me for some reason. I am trying to stay more busy during the day so that I am more tired and ready for a good night sleep at night.

Oh, by the way, I asked about grief counseling. My therapist wants me to see her more often....I haven't been able to do that in awhile, since I was taking care of my sister and needed to be at home a lot of the time. She says that I respond well to therapy, but that I may need a temporary increase in medications for depression and irritability while grieving this loss.

"T" says to be gentle with myself and she gave me a lot of the same advice that you and others have given me.... about keeping snacks to eat, having the Tv on for background noise so that I don't feel so lonely and to break up the silence of the apartment, taking special care of myself, etc.

I say we just kick her to the curb and I will start paying my forum friends for therapy sessions. lol?

Oh, by the way, I asked about grief counseling.
Hey, good on you for asking, Lion!
Very proud of you for that.
And glad to hear that T responded with the suggestion of more frequent sessions, and increased meds for a while.
When times are hard, a little extra help can sometimes go a long way :hug:
I say we just kick her to the curb and I will start paying my forum friends for therapy sessions. lol?
:D :D lol. I think this about people on the forum often, too.

Big hugs to you, Lion, if you accept.
It is such a difficult time, but you are persevering and keeping going despite that, and I am really proud of you.

Big hugs to you, Lion, if you accept.
I am really proud of you.

I absolutely accept Big hugs, they are needed and most welcomed...

Thank you for being proud of me @bellbird , it means a lot to me that you are. I just do my best and keep going cause it is all I know to do. I am no stranger to emotional pain, grief, or depression...so past experiences help.

Lotsa luv to ya my friend,
Healing hugs,
Lion

I just do my best and keep going cause it is all I know to do.
:hug:
And if somedays your best is just getting up, getting a bowl of cereal, and then going back to bed, then that's perfectly good as well.
We're still going to be here on those days too.
There's no pressure here for you to "be" one way or another. This is your healing journey and we are here because we care about you and want to support you.

Lots of love back to you, dear friend.
(p.s. I think every good friendship story should start with a lion and a bellbird :D )

Ya know, I already spoke about this in my diary and in a profile post, but I need to bring it back up...

Several days ago, I had posted on Facebook that I was not doing so well with my grief, that I was lacking energy to do the things I needed to do, and lacking the motivation to do the things I used to enjoy doing.

The response I got was basically this: "Suck it up and do what you need to, cause life goes on."

I was really hurt by that reply.

So, I wanted to thank everyone from my heart of hearts for being so supportive of me and my healing process here in this thread and on this site.

The grief of losing my sister goes beyond words and is one of the most difficult things I have ever been through. Still, I am making it through, ...little by little, one day at a time.

It is tough, but your support makes it easier. Your kindness and compassion has brought me comfort and healing and I just wanted to try to say how grateful I am to you all!!!

Thank you for making me feel so loved and supported!!!

And thank you for making me see how special my relationship with my sister was and how blessed I've been as her brother. You have each one of you, eased the pain of my suffering and I just had to let you know that I am forever grateful!!!

Sincerely,
Lionheart777

Just an update;

...medication for depression has been bumped up by my psyche doctor and it is helping me to feel more alive and connected. I actually feel like doing things that were bringing me happiness in the past.

I am still grieving the loss of my sister, but it has become bearable. I am able to withstand the pain as it is not as intense as it was the past couple of months. I miss my sister just as much as I did before the medication change, but I am more able to recall happy memories and times of me and sis hanging out together.

Thank you for the update Lion.
I have been keeping you and Sis in my thoughts.
medication for depression has been bumped up by my psyche doctor and it is helping me to feel more alive and connected. I actually feel like doing things that were bringing me happiness in the past.
My heart feels a little fuller, having read this. I am so so pleased for you.
But lets not give all the kudos to the meds here...
You have been so strong and you have worked so hard through so much, and you absolutely deserve to have reached this place!

I am honoured to be able to call you a friend and so happy that you are more able to recall your Sis and Lion happy memories.
I am still here walking this journey with you, even if it is only in thought and spirit at times.

Love, light and healing hugs to you ??? :hug: ?

I am so so pleased for you. You have been so strong and you have worked so hard through so much, and you absolutely deserve to have reached this place!

I am honoured to be able to call you a friend and so happy that you are more able to recall your Sis and Lion happy memories.
I am still here walking this journey with you, even if it is only in thought and spirit at times.

Walking along with someone, even if only in thought and spirit, is very important to someone who is grieving a heavy loss and it is I who is honored to call you a friend. I thank you from my heart of hearts for your encouragement and support!!!

Thank you for giving me some credit for reaching this place where I am less depressed and more able to recall happy memories!!! I did not do it alone though, I had a lot of support from you and some others here on the forum,.....which helped me a lot.

I like you @bellbird ...you are genuine and sincere and I admire those qualities in you. Thanks again for being a part of the healing!!!
????????????
Brightest Blessings,
Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back