• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Had a crazy nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defaultxlove

MyPTSD Pro
It seemed like the devil himself was asking me

"Why can't I have you"

Ugh cause I'm not yours!

I pushed this psycho lady into a lower ditch, her head bled out. She was trying to trap/force me at her house then a ghost took over her and said "Why can't I have you"

I was too frozen in fear to move. I stood there dissociative And shortly after that I woke up.

Left with the same anxiety and anger I had yesterday

And this is the second time I slept well and then right before I woke up was jolted with some sort of crazy emotion to deal with in waking life

I feel like the body does this to remind us how IRL feels but I'm not trapped. No crazy lady in my life.

:/ I feel messed up :(
Crazy
Spooked
Tired of it all

I learned from the dream that inthe dream my anxiety was holding me back from survival. I was frozen couldn't think of where my keys were to leave

What do you think?

i quite solidly believe that the dreamer always has the most accurate interpretation. it is **your** subconscious which is manifesting, after all.

plus. . .

I learned from the dream that inthe dream my anxiety was holding me back from survival. I was frozen couldn't think of where my keys were to leave

girl howdy, that sounds like a lesson worth learning, whatever the source of the lesson. even on my most confident of days, anxiety can hold me back.

i quite solidly believe that the dreamer always has the most accurate interpretation. it is **your** subconscious which is manifesting, after all.

plus. . .

girl howdy, that sounds like a lesson worth learning, whatever the source of the lesson. even on my most confident of days, anxiety can hold me back.
Thanks @arfie

This is actually just how a lot of mine go, I don't rememeber my dreams too often but I always have one's like this when I do. Dreams are extremely symbolic by nature. Yours there seems to have a common theme that mine has where there is like this demon that wants to "have me" and make me stop going against the grain with self improvement. I'll have voices in my head that will tell me to "Give up.", "You'll never get better.", "Why do you continue to resist?". And every time I do make any progress with anything those voices get louder. If I'm not careful with these thoughts I can easily start slipping into psychosis. Sometimes it works best to imagine them like a radio in your mind playing the same thing over and over again, then envision yourself smashing that radio. I usually wake up from these one's in some kind of high adrenaline state with that familiar paralysis like feeling like I forgot something important but I don't exactly know what. There's just the presence of alarm, confusion, and fear. If the dream was vivid enough I'll feel the echos of how it felt on and off all day.

Sometimes it works best to imagine them like a radio in your mind playing the same thing over and over again, then envision yourself smashing that radio.
this is so good. thank you <3

thank you for your whole post. I am low on words but it means a lot to me and Ill come back to it

I had a crazy nightmare about my ex friend/girlfriend this morning. She had a very scary boyfriend 😳 upsetting. Sooooo glad I'm not around them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back